Forums

Help › Forums

Re: consecative days play

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 8 2011 5:30 AM (8 replies)
  • maury62
    448 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2011 11:21 AM

why when i play at 9 30 pm on friday central time usa  and play again at 10 amsaturday the next day i dont get  consecative days of playing.?

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2011 11:46 AM

10 am? that is not close to 24 hours. You would have to play around 8 to 10 PM to get your points. But if you played early today you might still get your points. 

As I work the night shift I can only play at night on the weekends. On Sunday night I get my points somewhere between 6 and 7 PM. I then play early  Monday morning and can not play again until Tuesday morning. I play as early as I can then and I always get my points. I play this way all week getting my points. Then on Friday as our weekend starts when we get off Friday morning I play as soon as I can getting the points for Thursday. And when i play between 6 and 7 PM Friday night I get my points again making me get the points twice on Friday. I lost my points twice due to losing my internet service twice due to AT&T's idiotic customer service staff. I am back up to 40 days this time. And I will not lose my service again. After the last fiasco I dropped AT&T and switched to Time Warner Cable's Roadrunner cable internet service which is quite a bit faster and less expensive than AT&T's DSL service. And dropping AT&T's phone service and going to all cell phones saved us about $40 a month. 

• maury62
    448 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2011 1:26 PM

It doesnt  say 24 hours it say consecative  days  so if i  finish at  1 min to midnight then  play again 1 minute after midnight the is consecative days. it doesn tsays 24 hours. but if it  does show me where that is  written

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2011 1:47 PM

From the FAQ at the bottom of the page.

Do I earn experience points for playing consecutive days on WGT?

Yes, you will receive bonus experience points for playing consecutive days on WGT. In order to earn a Consecutive Days bonus you need to have completed a game at least two days in a row. Please make note that Consecutive Days are based on UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) and not your local time zone.

Two Days: 90 XP
    Three Days: 180 XP
    Four Days: 270 XP
    Five Days: 540 XP
    Six+ Days: 880 XP

So yes...... if you have a CDP streak going and you end (very important that) your first  game of the day at 11:59pm UTC and then play another game right after you get CDP points for both rounds.

• firefighter320
    2 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2011 5:28 PM

so what exactly is utc. i need some kinda time frame because i cannot play the same time every day but i can play one time a day in my own time zone. sometimes i can play mornings and sometimes i can play evening. WGT's time zone should be the base of any 24 hours before or any 24 hours after. play'n 24 hours from game to game is not a good thing and does'nt work very good for me. thank you for listening to my sob story.

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2011 7:23 PM

firefighter320:
    so what exactly is utc

UTC is Coordinated Universal Time.  For most uses it is also known as Greenwich Mean Time or GMT.

Time zones around the world are expressed as positive or negative offsets from UTC.  For example EST(Eastern US Standard Time) is UTC -5, 12AM UTC is 7PM EST.  For your specific time zone you can check here.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Feb 7 2011 10:12 PM

It's 6:12 am GMT at the moment if that helps. You can work out the difference from what the post time is on your page.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 5:12 AM

piztaker:

It's 6:12 am GMT at the moment if that helps. You can work out the difference from what the post time is on your page.

To further muck up the waters the post time on your page is PST where WGT is located. In my case it's 3 hours later than the post time shown. 

LOL-Is everybody sufficiently confused now?   :-D

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Feb 8 2011 5:30 AM

If you are located in the Eastern time zone, it is 7pm - west coast is 4pm locally. The 'day' is based off of UTC, but once you adjust it for your local time zone, you can go by that.

RSS