Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tiers...

Sat, Jul 28 2012 8:38 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hokie1525
    18 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2011 6:08 AM

I'm new here.  What is the criteria to change out of the hack tier?

• BERN100
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2011 6:17 AM

My tier says I'm a "Hack". How do I change tiers?

Advancing to the next Tier requires a qualifying Average Score AND a minimum amount of completed stroke play games, which will take a little more time but will help players reach the Levels necessary to unlock upgraded equipment that is helpful to compete at higher Tiers.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2011 6:23 AM

hokie1525:

I'm new here.  What is the criteria to change out of the hack tier?

Hockie, continue to play ranked rounds and it will happen soon enough.  Here is some information I pulled from the FAQ's over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>

My tier says I'm a "Hack". How do I change tiers?

Advancing to the next Tier requires a qualifying Average Score AND a minimum amount of completed stroke play games, which will take a little more time but will help players reach the Levels necessary to unlock upgraded equipment that is helpful to compete at higher Tiers.

What tiers are available and how often do they change?

The tiers that you can be members of currently are: 

Hack
    Amateur
    Pro
    Tour Pro 
    Master
    Tour Master
    Legend

Tiers will be updated as soon as you finish your round. If you played any ranked or tournament rounds and you now qualify for a new tier you will enter that tier immediately upon completion of the round. 

We will add additional tiers as more people join and play at WGT.

Will I earn anything when I move up to a new tier?

Yes, as you move up to new tiers you will earn WGT credits that can be used to purchase new virtual equipment or to enter tournaments. The credits you will earn are:

Amateur: 50 credits
    Pro: 100 credits
    Tour Pro: 125 credits 
    Master: 150 credits
    Tour Master: 175 credits
    Legend: 200 credits

Why do Tiers matter?

Your tier defines your level of play in the game. Much like a 'handicap' in real golf, your tier will dictate at which level you can enter a tournament to ensure that you will compete against other players of similar ability. 

Like real golf, the players playing in top tier will be competing for the most valuable prizes, so you have a good reason to practice and improve!

What is my Average Score?

Your Average Score will be based on multiple best scores within ONLY your current Tier, not scores that you shot when in previous Tiers, which better reflects your current skill competing with the tee boxes and green speeds in your current Tier. Your Average Score will be based on ONLY your best scores, so completing a bad round will not negatively impact your Average Score or Tier. So be sure to finish all your rounds and gain the extra experience points, as a bad day won’t matter.

Cheers,

b0gey

• hokie1525
    18 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2011 6:54 AM

Thanks for the info.  I get that I have to play a bunch and score.  What I don't know is how close I am.  What score do I need and how many tournaments do I need to play?

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2011 7:11 AM

Those exact numbers are unknown to help curb players from using the information to avoid progression.

Cheers,

b0gey

• hokie1525
    18 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2011 7:14 AM

Gotcha.  Thanks!

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2011 10:41 AM

Hi Hokie. Here's a general idea:

Amateur : Average Score 85? (Around 5 games)

Pro : Average Score 78 (About 15-20 games)

Tour Pro: 72 (Unknown games)

Master : 67 (Unknown games)

All except the amateur average score are accurate (not too sure about Amateur) the games, where given are estimates

Cheers

• patrickking
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2011 1:26 PM

Pro is 80 now

• Blazn
    14 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 1:51 PM

ok how about this i changed my clubs around and it moved me into the Master tire with a 72 when i use to be in the tour pro tire with 67.45. im not ready for master yet why did it do this to me :(

• AttitudeXX
    3 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2011 12:00 PM

me 2

• PAGES
RSS