Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Cleaning Flash Cookies/Cache

Mon, Aug 24 2015 10:58 AM (25 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 2:40 PM

Thanks Jay, it worked for 6 holes then the spazums in the meter came back......lol

Heres my stream if you want to see for yourself

http://www.twitch.tv/woodoworkery

Well it must have been just those holes , because the meter went back to being smooth

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 5:26 PM

Jresh0817:

JayW...I also found some files that said WGT..Might be a dumb question,but i should delete these as well..correct?

Yes. Technically, you can delete everything in the "Adobe" folder and everything in the Roaming folder. I only deleted (in the video) the main ones to keep it simple. 

WGT, You Tube, Facebook, and sites that use Flash store a TON of these cookies/files on your PC. 

Everything you see or find automatically comes back the next time you open your browser and/or visit (don't have to log in, either) any site that uses or implements Flash. 

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 5:41 PM

Woodoworkery:

Thanks Jay, it worked for 6 holes then the spazums in the meter came back......lol

Heres my stream if you want to see for yourself

http://www.twitch.tv/woodoworkery

Well it must have been just those holes , because the meter went back to being smooth

Hey Gary,

It's not an end-all, fix-all for meter issues. It will resolve some meter hiccups, as you're cleaning out the cache that operates the meter. I posted the video mainly because we're always being told "clear our caches and cookies". Well. that is THE cache, and those are THE cookies. Browsing history and normal cookies/cache are deleted when your browser is closes (if you have it set up that way). CCleaner and ASC clean out junk, too. But, the cache and files in the video are the "cache and cookies that handle, and come from, Flash.

Remember something, as soon as you open a browser, the "cache" comes back, and as soon as you go to any site that uses Flash, the super-cookies come back.

• Cuber
    102 Posts
    Sun, Aug 16 2015 4:14 AM

My thanks too Jay .... now if I can just clear the cache in my brain so the many thoughts of real life don't interrupt my game time concentration.

• Culburn
    19 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2015 10:15 PM

I figured this was pie in-the-sky.

It is not.  It is a stunning difference.

Bless you, Jay.

• Culburn
    19 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2015 10:58 AM

Cuber:

My thanks too Jay .... now if I can just clear the cache in my brain so the many thoughts of real life don't interrupt my game time concentration.

- "What you put in there, stays in there."

- "The Road" - Cormac McCarthy

RSS