Forums

Help › Forums

Cleaning Flash Cookies/Cache

Mon, Aug 24 2015 10:58 AM (25 replies)
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 12:24 AM

Not sure why this is seldom (if ever) mentioned when being told to "clear your cookies and cache". Browser cookies aren't going to affect your meter or game play. FLASH cookies and FLASH cache will affect your meter, loading, and graphics. Not to mention, the most important of all..your PRIVACY!! Here is how to clean and remove Flash cache and cookies. CCleaner and ASC  do NOT remove these cookies. The few programs that state they do, don't. The "super cookies" and "zombie cookies" have to be manually removed. It's the safest and surest way to know you've removed them. It takes about 10 seconds once you know what you're doing. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 7:07 AM

Thanks for that Jay, I'd better play a lot better  now or I'm coming for you...

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 7:33 AM

Thanks a lot for that I was wondering the other day where to find those embedded cookies and now I know . Had a program that I couldnt get rid of it . Found it through this and deleted it . Thanks again big help .

• ScottHope
    10,011 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 7:36 AM
    Good tips Jay, thank you...

...and, if you are like me  : )  and you don't like having your desktop plastered with icons, you can add the folders that Jay mentioned (or any folder for that matter) to a taskbar jumplist.

When viewing the folder in windows explorer, just click on it and drag it down to the taskbar and a screentip Pin to Windows Explorer will pop   up,  then release your mouse button.

Then, when you right click on the Windows Explorer taskbar icon, your folder will be pinned to the top portion of the jumplist for easy access.
  • Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 7:45 AM

I played 5 rounds, took a break read this, and done it, played next course, everythign messed up lol, my callaway ball went back to being a starter ball again. messed up the ready to go WD after 2 holes.!

worked a treat lol

• Yasch
    310 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 9:30 AM

Thanks for those tips, Jay.

Quick question, under Flash Player, I had only two folders: Asset & Native Cache

Is it a good or a bad thing that I don't have those other folders?

I played a few holes to see if there was any impact on the game and everything was fine.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 10:35 AM

Yasch:

Thanks for those tips, Jay.

Quick question, under Flash Player, I had only two folders: Asset & Native Cache

Is it a good or a bad thing that I don't have those other folders?

I played a few holes to see if there was any impact on the game and everything was fine.

You're welcome Yasch. The native cache is fine. The main thing this does is actually clear your flash cache and gets rid of the sharedobjects and .sol files. I do every time I log off. I never, ever have meter issues.

You should have a "roaming" folder. It would show up under appdata. The sharedobjects and .sol are in the roaming folders.

Not that leaving them will cause meter issues, or have an adverse affect the game play itself, but #sharedobjects and .sol files do not need to be on anyone's computer. If you opened your c drive folder, and used the search bar, and typed asset cache, or do it the way I showed in the video, open the folders and see what's in them. Theses cookies never expire, never go away. Ever.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 10:37 AM

ScottHope:

Good tips Jay, thank you...

...and, if you are like me  : )  and you don't like having your desktop plastered with icons, you can add the folders that Jay mentioned (or any folder for that matter) to a taskbar jumplist.

When viewing the folder in windows explorer, just click on it and drag it down to the taskbar and a screentip will pop-up 'Pin to file explorer', then release your mouse button.

Then, when you right click on the File Explorer taskbar icon, your folder will be pinned to the top portion of the jumplist for easy access.

Exactly Scott. I have the folders on my desktop for easy access. I removed them for the purpose of the video. All I do now, is open the folder, shred the cookis/cache/files and I'm done (5 seconds).

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 10:47 AM

Tekoma:

Very informative Jay...Thanks a lot for sharing..Important stuff..!

Ken

You're welcome Ken.
    PaulTon:

Thanks for that Jay, I'd better play a lot better  now or I'm coming for you...

Come on over!!! We can go "Up In Smoke" together :-)

lonniescott711:

Thanks a lot for that I was wondering the other day where to find those embedded cookies and now I know . Had a program that I couldnt get rid of it . Found it through this and deleted it . Thanks again big help .

You're welcome Lonnie. There's also a program called Wise JetSearch that will find anything on your hard drive. Very small, and super fast. Finds things in 4-5 seconds.

RSS