Forums

Help › Forums

Cleaning Flash Cookies/Cache

Mon, Aug 24 2015 10:58 AM (25 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 11:41 AM

Just tried out. All i can say is WOW!!! After a year and a half playing this game, never had a smoother meter and motion. 1000 thanks from the heart jayw!!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 2:22 PM

Very Nice Tip

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 6:14 PM

Yiannis1970:
    Just tried out. All i can say is WOW!!! After a year and a half playing this game, never had a smoother meter and motion. 1000 thanks from the heart jayw!!

You're welcome Yiannis.

mantis0014:

Very Nice Tip

Thanks Mantis.

I will add something I should have mentioned in the video. When performing the Flash cleaning, make sure your browsers are closed. As long as they are open, the same cookies/files you are deleting (in roaming- "sharedobjects and .sol) will just keep popping right back up. Close out all browsers, do this, and run whatever cleaner you use for your everyday normal cookie/cache/file cleaning.

Then open up your browser and you're good to go. Once I week I will delete EVERYTHING (icon cache and native directory/cache). Your registry will show them as missing and replace them, or Flash will do so upon opening a browser. You Tube and Facebook are BIG super cookie users, too. 

These files/cookies being removed are NOT needed in any way, (no function at all except to track and take note of everything you do. Forever.) and hopefully will be illegal one day. 

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 8:20 PM

good stuff Jay,& ty (always looking for great tips for a smoother meter),  i had a lot of leftover "cookies" crap ,  plus i been using advanced system care 8 for my P.C maintenance for  a  little over a year , seems to work  very  well, free too, after updating to windows 10 i noticed my P.C running cooler and faster as well..

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 8:38 PM

1enigma1:

good stuff Jay,(always looking for great tips for a smoother meter),  i had a lot of leftover "cookies" crap ,  plus i been using advanced system care 8 for my P.C maintenance for  a  little over a year , seems to work  very  well, free too, after updating to windows 10 i noticed my P.C running cooler and faster as well..

ASC has the "shred option" which is better to use than deleting. I used the delete button only for the purpose of showing the files/cookie's location. Deleting anything doesn't remove it from your pc. Kind of like taking the trash from the kitchen and putting it outside. Kitchen looks better and cleaner, but that trash is still right outside your door. Shredding files is like taking that trash 100 miles away and burning it until there aren't even any ashes left :-)

ASC and CCleaner both have shred options that can be added to the context menu. 

I've been a loyal user of ASC Pro for many years. It's the best untilty available (even the free version is better than anything out there). There's an ASC 9 (beta) out now, that's actually better than the Pro (paid) version I use. When you open ASC, look in the bottom left corner and you should see it.

• firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 9:56 PM

Thanks for the tip Jay, I think you saved my game!  For the first time since the update I have had a playable meter. Now if I can figure out the memory leak I will be back to normal. 

• TeeTimeSmitty
    1,972 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 5:29 AM

Good info

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 7:10 AM

JayW...I also found some files that said WGT..Might be a dumb question,but i should delete these as well..correct?

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 11:27 AM

Joshnosh:

I played 5 rounds, took a break read this, and done it, played next course, everythign messed up lol, my callaway ball went back to being a starter ball again. messed up the ready to go WD after 2 holes.!

worked a treat lol

There is ALWAYS one plank!

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 12:15 PM

jayw4862:

1enigma1:

good stuff Jay,(always looking for great tips for a smoother meter),  i had a lot of leftover "cookies" crap ,  plus i been using advanced system care 8 for my P.C maintenance for  a  little over a year , seems to work  very  well, free too, after updating to windows 10 i noticed my P.C running cooler and faster as well..

ASC has the "shred option" which is better to use than deleting. I used the delete button only for the purpose of showing the files/cookie's location. Deleting anything doesn't remove it from your pc. Kind of like taking the trash from the kitchen and putting it outside. Kitchen looks better and cleaner, but that trash is still right outside your door. Shredding files is like taking that trash 100 miles away and burning it until there aren't even any ashes left :-)

ASC and CCleaner both have shred options that can be added to the context menu. 

I've been a loyal user of ASC Pro for many years. It's the best untilty available (even the free version is better than anything out there). There's an ASC 9 (beta) out now, that's actually better than the Pro (paid) version I use. When you open ASC, look in the bottom left corner and you should see it.

just  seen the ASC 9 beta version today, some great new tools! ASC 8.2 is still on my P.C too as backup just in case ASC 9 goes to a (pro) paid version, thx for the tip to shred & burn :)  ..

RSS