Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clubs

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 14 2009 2:39 PM (9 replies)
  • TigerRoar
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 6:30 AM

I'm thinking about buying a new set of clubs, all i really want is the new taylormade tour burner driver, but i think i should get all new clubs.  I heard that the TM Tour Burner would be good with the Tour Starters, any other ideas?

Thanks, TigerRoar

• TechnicalFoul
    16 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 11:42 AM

Rapture driver

• TigerRoar
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 5:14 PM

The Rapture Driver with the tour starters?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 5:22 PM

I like the Tour Burner.  5 less yards, but forgiveness to make up on mishits.  Slow down the meter with a pack of GI-D balls and it's like you're hitting the Tour Starter (or Rapture) driver anyway with the bonus yardage to boot.

Meter speed consistency is key.  It helps to not have more than 2 different speeds in your bag, so I tend to purchase my clubs with that in mind.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2009 5:54 PM

Thats coming from the man who shot a 59 last week! I would follow his suggestion, unless you just want to hit it farther. I can offer this though, if you go to the long R9, you have to remap the fairways.

• TigerRoar
    6 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 5:15 AM

Thanks alot both of you.  I  thought the same thing, give up 5 yards to get more precision.  I didn't think about the whole meter speed though, i'll keep it in mind. 

• kinkydevil
    33 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 9:21 AM

rapture drive is nice but ive seen the burner driver out hit me so thats probably the one for you distance guys.

• Tmade4me
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 1:29 PM

Hi there, as a new player would you mind sharing how to adjust the meter speed? You mentioned having a couple of meter speeds in your bag.

thanks kindly,

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 1:52 PM

Tmade4me:
    You mentioned having a couple of meter speeds in your bag.

Well, different clubs have different meter speeds by default.  If you look through the pro shop and hover your mouse over any individual club or iron set you'll see a box pop up with a bunch of stats for that club.  The one farthest to the bottom is the meter speed and that represents how fast the swing gauge will return to the strike point on the downswing.

The secondary option is to purchase the GI-D (not BX-D) balls.  The GI-D's have a "feel" rating of 1.  The feel rating actually slows down the default speed on your swing meter (for now) by about a full step.  Hence, if you are hitting a club that has a swing meter speed of 3 (moderate) and you have GI-D balls too, then it's effectively like having a swing meter speed of 2 (slower) instead.

Have a look at the Pro Shop Comparison Chart and you'll see a comprehensive list of every club and iron set available for purchase.  It lists all stats and meter speeds and is a good tool to compare before you buy.

Hope that answers your question.

• Tmade4me
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 2:39 PM

Thank you for the info. I did do just that (the new balls..etc) and works great.

Thanks again,

RSS