Help › Forums

Re: I just turned master... Any Tips???

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 24 2010 9:52 AM (20 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 12:00 AM

TheAceFactor:

Tips ?    Umm, "an 8.5 degree cannon" on the tee box and  "a wedge that spins like a Dyson vacuum cleaner"          

Ace

That is a good one Ace, made me laugh.

Shade

• flagpro
    20 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 12:32 AM

making the switch from tour-pro to master is a massive leap.When i became master about 2 months ago,i found the distance of the drives shorter,and more and more i had too rely on my short game(chipping and putting).My drives now are about 20yds less than use too be.You dont so much need a putter,mind you it would help,but your gonna need a really good driver that hits 260yds avg would be good and maybe a pair of z wedges or somethin of that nature.The course is always goin ta be the same,just your drives are shorter.Hope this helps.thxs       FR:                               FLAGPRO

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 1:05 AM

Just keep levelling up till you get that longer driver. When you get that, your game will improve a lot, then keep levelling up for a good set of irons. Raptures are a very good set for meter speed.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 1:42 AM

Go You Stence!

I made up lately too,much to my utter disgust,dread and foreboding.Theres something quite homely about being a TP,and I liked it lots.

However,Now Im here I find its not so bad at all and with the help of all these peoples the transition has been just about seamless.

I would agree that a big fellar is required,mines a sweet gentle giant of 270yds which allows me to ding like 70% of the time and we are deeply in love with each other.Together we travel many happy yards,much of the time to within wedge in distance.

Iron wise,I havent a clue what mine are called,I just know by heart their distances and love that I can be an apple for teacher student and work out the next shot in advance while my playing partner catches up.I should remember to also drop what my caddie suggests sometimes,but I don't always.Fatally...lol

I have learnt quite quickly that there is nothing to fear but fear itself-witness 161yds on St.A 8,formerly I would be taking an extended comfort break in the gorse far side of the green(The blossoms smell Gorgeous) but now I find myself excitingly closer to the pin because I put my fear away.So much of this game is in your own head,you just do need to believe in your own ability.

I admit to getting a kick out of still using the beginner putter too,but then I am finding myself nearer to the hole anyway,thanks to hearing what better players can and do tell me.

Conclusion.Take heart.Get a big boy.Love your irons even if you dont know what theyre called.Wedge in every time,if you can.Sack the caddie-regularly lol.

Merry Christmas Mr!

Lizziex

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 2:04 AM

LizzieRossetti:
    161yds on St.A 8,formerly I would be taking an extended comfort break in the gorse far side of the green(The blossoms smell Gorgeous) but now I find myself excitingly closer to the pin

More closeness to you! Here is what I got with an 8-iron yesterday coming into that pin, traipsing thrue the fescue:

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx?view=showReplay&JSON={%20%22GUID%22%20%3A%20%2215cf53e6-ee41-4de6-8427-9e550097d956%22%2C%20%22Brand%22%20%3A%20%22undefined%22%20}

Dem kinda yards I don't need.

Cheers

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 7:41 AM

Infinito3010:

That is a good one Ace, made me laugh.

Shade

LOL ,  well ,  he asked.

Ace

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 8:02 AM

Thanks for all the tips guys. I will surely keep and eye out for that cannon of a driver and the wedges that suck back like a dyson vacuum cleaner.  Thanks

Stencil

• cdoggg674
    22 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 9:52 AM

I have question, does anyone know when at the end of a head to head game and u only need a few inches to put to win and it stops saying there was an unexpected error, does that mean i dont win the game?? Plus i know it has to be whoever im playing against that causes it to do that

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 12:00 PM

LOL!!, that was funny.

• JAMESBALDINI
    266 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 12:30 PM

Hi i have the taylor R9 driver rated for 275 yds.I get the golf balls that slow down the swing meter works great

james

RSS