Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putt=Whiff !!, Chip=Whiff !!.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 22 2010 10:51 AM (6 replies)
  • sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 11:19 AM

I have been aware of the danger inherent of putting from the fringe, but today on Kiawah #2 things just got ridiculous! I had a 15 ft (downhill 10") in the narrow fringe pin high, I thought hmmm, such a delicate putt I'd risk putting. Sure enough, WHIFF !!, I wasn't totally shocked but still a little steamed. Then I thought hmmm, VERY delicate chip! So made what I thought was about a 2 yd chip with my 50yd wedge and sure enough, WHIFF AGAIN !! This too much too swallow WGT! Fix the Freakin bug already!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 11:29 AM

sixkiller:
    So made what I thought was about a 2 yd chip with my 50yd wedge and sure enough, WHIFF AGAIN !!

And it will every time you try to chip that small. Never take less than a 50% swing on a chip or you'll get the same result. It's just the way the game plays. Same thing with putting from the fringe-you can't baby the shot.

There are a few holes where some claim there's a bug and this happens consistently but I have never seen it myself. I think Bollux and JakeS have commented (ranted :)) about it but I believe them.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 11:33 AM

sixkiller:
    Fix the Freakin bug already!

Could, "VEM" aka "demons" in frustration to player mode be set 6K'?..bad WGT, bad WGT..;/  

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 11:55 AM

YankeeJim:

I think Bollux and JakeS have commented (ranted :)) about it but I believe them.

One of the holes dis-(cussed ;)) was Beth #10 from behind the back left pin placement. I had a replay on my profile that showed an obvious mapping issue without a doubt. I was well off the green, a yd or more so no putting option, and tried a chip... I dinged it and watched it bobble what appeared to be 6inches up and down...right at the fringe/green boundary. The bobbling effectively killed any chance of it rolling normally onto the green and towards the hole. I reported it in-game and saved it ...`til this morning, of coarse :).

I also had one on KI #18 green showing the same mapping issue just left and 3-4yds short of pin high. My approach was going right at the hole and hit this black-hole of fringe where it dropped and jumped...again, right on the fringe/green line and stopped dead. My next shot was doomed before I even hit it :(. I also reported in-game on that one...for all the good it`ll do. I`ve avoided both places successfully since ;-).

KI #13 was another one. Back left of the pin on the fringe or further is "no-mans land", just try to avoid it.

• blawknox
    11 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 12:25 PM

Sixkiller this is not a bug. I've had this happen to me several times until i figured it out. A putt with that much drop in such a short distance you have to increase the increment bar on your meter. My putter has increments of 30,60,150,300FT. I would have gone to the 60 increment for the same putt assuming only 1 or 2ft. into fringe. I'm only a master 67.43 , so take this for what it is worth, just something i learned.

GG and Happy Holidays

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2010 7:35 AM

blawknox:

Sixkiller this is not a bug. I've had this happen to me several times until i figured it out. A putt with that much drop in such a short distance you have to increase the increment bar on your meter. My putter has increments of 30,60,150,300FT. I would have gone to the 60 increment for the same putt assuming only 1 or 2ft. into fringe. I'm only a master 67.43 , so take this for what it is worth, just something i learned.

GG and Happy Holidays

I keep hearing people say this is not a bug, i understand what you are saying, Fix the freakin programming error then. WGT is supposed to be the most realistic golf game out there. Well that crap is not realistic, hardly within the realm of possibility! It just detracts from the game. It is impossible to strike a golf ball with ANY force and not move it!

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2010 10:51 AM

sixkiller:
    It is impossible to strike a golf ball with ANY force and not move it!
    Tell that to Dustin Johnson...lol

RSS