Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Miracle in the Meadowland

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 21 2010 9:13 AM (7 replies)
  • stencil
    455 Posts
    Mon, Dec 20 2010 7:37 PM

Yes this has nothing to do with WGT. But that's why i posted this here. But on to the topic.

How about that comeback and finish. Michael Vick is officially back (much to the dislike of my mom), it shows why the Eagles will be in the Super Bowl with the Pats, and it shows that the the rookie punter Dodge is a duntz. So wow it shows alot. But WHAT did we really learn???????????

We learned the real DUNTZ is Desean Jackson. What is he thinking by showboating running sideways on the 1 yard line with the game in jeopardy. It shows what the NFL has become now...a game where its all about the individual not winning. You never know what could have happened their, he could have dropped the ball? tripped? anything could have happened. That play showed why I like the college game more than the NFL. The college players are playing for something other than themselves, they are playing for towns, teams, coaches. But in the NFL a player only plays for themselves.

What causes this you wonder?... It is caused in the NFL by players switching teams every 2 or 3 years. So they are playing to make more $$$ than they are making now by getting individual attention. And the sickening thing about the NFL is they allow this BS. They have the salary caps WAY too high, and they allow celebrating. It is simply RIDICULOUS. I love the way college football handles celebrating. No acceptance at all. And yes sometimes college referees go over the line but i would rather that happen than what the NFL does. 

Don't get me wrong after all that i love the NFL and watch the NFL every Sunday and Monday. And am a huge Colts fan. But cn't stand the way the NFL is ran.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 3:29 AM

stencil:
    How about that comeback and finish. Michael Vick is officially back (much to the dislike of my mom), it shows why the Eagles will be in the Super Bowl with the Pats, and it shows that the the rookie punter Dodge is a duntz. So wow it shows alot. But WHAT did we really learn???????????

But what about Tom Coughlin I mean just call a play where the punter runs around for a few seconds. By the time he was tackled time would have expired. And Coughlin is always making questionable calls at the end of games. Like not having his QB take a knee with only 5 seconds to  go in a game and losing that game by 4 points because of a muffed hand-off that was returned for a TD.

And about Jackson anything might have happened. You never should showboat before you cross the goal line. Sort of reminds me of Leon Lett showboating in The Super Bowl and then getting rundown from behind my Don Beebe and fumbling the ball through the end zone for a touch back. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 5:05 AM

I wasn't sure if he was showboating or wasting game time. The way he looked back I thought he was looking at the clock to make sure of the time left. 

borntobesting:
    Sort of reminds me of Leon Lett showboating in The Super Bowl and then getting rundown from behind my Don Beebe and fumbling the ball through the end zone for a touch back. 

The epitome of hustle and don't quit. Remember the oversized helmet he used to wear? Made him look like a Weeble. Weebles wobble but they don't fall over (old kids' toy.).  :-D

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 5:10 AM

I'm still mighty pi$$ed at that game and how it ended.

Good teams don't blow 21 point 4th quarter leads.

Hopefully next year when they play again (or if they meet again in the playoffs by some miracle), the G-Men give DeSean the business.   And if he needs to be carried off the field due to it, then maybe he'll reconsider taunting opposing teams.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 6:47 AM

Hopefully if they play again they will decide to play defense the last 7 minutes instead of running the prevent defense.  They only thing playing the prevent does is prevent you from holding your lead. 

they destroyed vick for almost 3.5 quarters then just let him run free, and come on they announcers on the radio called it everytime when Vick needs to run he looks left, 2 seconds later he runs left for TD.  if the radio guys know this how come the giants didnt?

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 8:22 AM

YankeeJim:

I wasn't sure if he was showboating or wasting game time. The way he looked back I thought he was looking at the clock to make sure of the time left. 

That was what i was thinking too Y.J. I thought he was running out the clock when i first saw the replay but when i re-winded it on my trusty DVR i saw the clock ran out when he was on the 4 or 5 and then he started running sideways looked at the clock saw that there was 0:00 time left and then held the ball out and strutted sideways for a while. So just watch it again the clock runs out and then he showboats.

Stencil

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 8:46 AM

Tx, Stencil. Only saw it once but believe you.  :-)

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Tue, Dec 21 2010 9:13 AM

Being a hardcore Philly fan I loved the way that game ended. But I couldn't agree more about showboating. It's totally ridiculous and teams remember that stuff. So if the Eagles and Giants meet one more time this year I hope Jackson takes a shot and lands on his ***. Hope he gets up and is ok but I'll bet ya that the Giants aren't going to forget that little stunt. And if I were Andy Reid I would of ripped him up in the locker room "in front of everybody" to make sure that not only Jackson, but everybody gets my point. NO showboating. Just catch the ball run into the endzone and place the ball down and run back to the sideline. It should be that simple but unfortuantley that would never happen. So I guess the showboaters of the NFL have to learn the hard way. Example as stated in a earlier post - Leon Lett.        GO E A G L E S.....EAGLES

RSS