Forums

Help › Forums

Re: COUNTRY CLUBS DAVIS CUP TOURNAMENT

Fri, Jul 3 2015 2:06 PM (384 replies)
  • AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 9:56 AM

Roozilla, I see your point, and to explain the change in number of participants, as PTrenter poited out, we initially did not expect such a big return for this tournament.

We originally thought we would have between 16 and 32. and we were ready for a qualification to reduce to 16, but had actually more than 32 requests... 45 in fact, so we used a qualification round to reduce to 32.

32 was the initial maximum amount of teams we were going to accept, and our first option was to just cut down the subscriptions, based on reservations and first come-first serve base, but we had a change of heart and gave everyone the opportunity to play in this tournament allowing a qualification round.

I know our rules for the knockout stage look tough for smaller earning CC's, but I already explained our reasons, and stick to what was initially set.

Although we have very skilled people working for this event, we do not pretend to be perfect.. in fact we are learning a lot from this experience and your comments, and I'm sure we will put more effort on doing things even better next time.

For now, I hope you are enjoying this tournament as much as we are, and have  fun competing with famous teams... and carving your name in the history of this community :-)

Good luck out there.

-abq-

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 11:32 AM

It looks like small clubs have some chance against the big ones: We (#35) are challenging beat Transgressional (#2) seriously ;)

*grins from cheek to cheek*

(late edit)

But I'm afraid that the points summaries for the teams are somehow spoilt now:

10 + 9 + 11 is NOT 52 (Trans.)

7 + 9 is NOT 25 (Rabbits)

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 11:50 AM

Way to go Alosso!

Thanks for the heads up... somethig slipped as I was adding the partials... now it's back on track.

-abq-

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 12:25 PM

AlbertoBQ:
    Way to go Alosso!

A 61 and a 71 in the couples would change 8 points: 24 - 23 in our favour ;)

A hopeful Rabbit

(edit: subjunctive)

edit 2: 61 and 67 did it for us!

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 12:28 PM

roozilla:

thanks for letting us play in this tournament 

i just find it hard to see how if we finished 10th in qualifying beating 22 teams we are penalized by having low earning 

russ 

First of all, Russ, congratulations on a fine Q round. I don't see your seeding as a penalty. Aphrodite is blessed to have 4 of the top 10 career earnings leaders in our club.
    None of those 4 are playing on our team. We went with the first 6 to sign up period!
    Of the top 10 earning members in our club only 1 is in this tourney.
    Correction (1 player with a 53 avg signed up but could not commit to playing all games)that's why I'm in. I am ranked 53rd in our club. So bottom line is we don't have our 6 "top guns"-/ well maybe 1 or 2.

But the real bottom line is this.:
    Carlo,
    Alberto and friends have put up 36,000+ credits, spent a great deal of time and energy and the invited all to join for free. No entry fee.

They even gave gifts to some who failed to qualify as a gesture of thanks.

Second, it is one the best organized tournaments on WGT. If not the best.

Third, I think it's a great format because it rewards the greatest ability- dependability.
    It really isn't anything different than some other real life competition where teams qualify to get in only to be seeded 64 vs the # 1 team.

Finally, I really think it's time to put all suggestions on hold and just play.
    Thanks again to Carlo & Alberto for the great job here and yes Alberto, we are having fun.

Lisa03 

PS Russ tell Ozzie to post a score at BPB so I know what I have to shoot!

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 1:05 PM

Lisa03, thank you!

You forgot to mention we are also the cutest and most polite players around... but this did not stop us to consider you our favorite player in this competition :-)

Best of luck!

-abq-

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 1:20 PM

Lisa03:
    Finally, I really think it's time to put all suggestions on hold and just play.
    Thanks again to Carlo & Alberto for the great job here and yes Alberto, we are having fun.

I could not agree more - sensational effort in organising this, in fact astonishing.

As for complaints/suggestions, I would recommend everyone hold off until after the event is over, and then make suggestions if you think there are tweaks that could help future organisers of similar events.

I am just an average player who will probably drag down my team, but that will not deter me from doing the best I can.

I am just thankful and honoured to participate in this superb event,

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 4:44 PM

Carolina Sandhills #2 - 24       Omega Golf  #1 - 23       some battle this was !

oh and Lisa is being modest.... she is a top player

• Sticks050
    335 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 5:18 PM

( Thumbs Up ) ... Well said Lisa

- Clay -

• TigerLuvsBush
    491 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 7:02 PM

alanti:

I could not agree more - sensational effort in organising this, in fact astonishing.

As for complaints/suggestions, I would recommend everyone hold off until after the event is over, and then make suggestions if you think there are tweaks that could help future organisers of similar events.

Hear Hear!!  And to all the ungrateful whiners, whingers, complainers and general floggers - Maybe next time you can put your hard earned $$ and precious time into organising something.. peace xx

RSS