Fri, Dec 17 2010 5:35 PM (27 replies)
  • Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 7:35 AM

The shape of things to come?

• Plucker13
    39 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 7:42 AM

this site is not free, we pay plenty, I know i spent enough, and for everyone of us complaining here, there are many more who only complain during game play, who have not posted comments, 1 little poorly planned add is hurting this site big time.

• Plucker13
    39 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 7:47 AM

lmao hilarious Crazyman but thats what it's comming down to

• RichGast
    351 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 8:21 AM

How popular of a playing partner would I be if I were constantly saying:

"Sorry, lads, for interrupting our game. But I must click that ad and run over to Pep Boys! They are having a lovely sale on spark plugs! BRB"

Give me a break!  Granted ... WGT has some clever programmers who now load the ads before they load the CONTINUE button so that you can't defeat the ads with a quick mouse-finger.  But their marketing intern (if they have anyone that high up in marketing) must have skipped class every day if he/she doesn't know that irritating your potential customers is a poor way to attract business.

As for me, I will personally boycott any advertiser who is in any of these annoying popup ads between holes.  So no more shopping for auto parts at Pep Boys.  Will never buy anything at QuiBids.  I'll stick with guns instead of ADT Pulse to protect my home.  And thank heavens I don't have overactive bladder!!  Keep bringing them on.  I'll keep crossing them off my list.  Sure hope the advertisers read this forum.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 9:40 AM

Actually I was wondering why my screen changed size and I stopped play to look. Ads dont really bother me but  there has to be a better spot for them. I guess someone asked for this on road map. Free heh....u funny

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 9:55 AM

Fuzzygazz:

Actually I was wondering why my screen changed size and I stopped play to look. Ads dont really bother me but  there has to be a better spot for them. I guess someone asked for this on road map. Free heh....u funny

It is free. Sure you have to buy balls and clubs if you want to advance but you don't have to pay something like $5.00 a month just to be a member of WGT. 2 weeks ago I saw a TWO 4 month membership card at Target priced @ %19.99.

• ChipperGee
    5 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 5:31 PM

WG i really dont mind the ads its the fing fact that the screen dips 2 in and then you have to wait for it to come back.  I personally will not ever buy any product that you advertise in this mannor.  just integrate it,  not a big deal. 

• ChipperGee
    5 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 5:35 PM

no adt  no pep boys no freaking over active bladder medicine   I would rather buy depends than support your fing advertisers that really make me start looking for other golf games on the net .. netgolfgames justgolfgames  topgolfgames

RSS