Forums

Help › Forums

Re: BethPage unlimited 9...last hole

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 20 2010 12:06 PM (1 replies)
  • supermex79
    31 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2010 11:49 AM

first shot ..my fault..second shot in rough going uphill 40-50% 122 yds to pin...I know how bad the pw is..so I used 9iron...went 2yd....got mad..used pw..went 2yd....really got mad, just grabbed my 8 and hit it 17 yds past pin....but hey i got it on the green....result double bogey...I was only 2 or 3 over..which is good for me lately before this hole......what the heck do you use when you get on the rough going up hill? what kind of shot?...I know if you get on the green, you don't have to worry about this....usually don't have a problem with this hold...I used starter clubs and starter balls  this round...Beings the sweet spot is so hard to hit on the meter anymore and my ping is not forgiving with good balls..I figured what the crap...go back to basics and I was actually doing better..my scores have went to crap in the last two weeks and Ive been playing non stop.....even my friend said that he is doing so badly that he has cut back on playing...........I will keep trying...but getting tired of it.. any suggestions..i finally got my frustrations out for now.........thanks

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2010 12:06 PM

FWIW mex, I automatically add 2 clubs over what the caddie suggests for 40-50 rough and then think about it. Your scenario shows why.  :-)

RSS