Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Game booster Help needed

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 21 2010 9:49 AM (8 replies)
  • misstery
    705 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2010 6:39 AM

I've been having problems with the meter having a mind of it's own, I cleared my flash cache and temp internet files and downloaded the the latest version of flash 10.1, but none of this has made any difference :-(

I have downloaded an application called game booster 2, but not sure if i'm using it correctly. I start the application and it generally says i have freed up about 57 mb of ram, but I still have the same glitchy meter problems. There is a small dialogue box that says to drag and drop ur game shortcuts into. Which is where i'm getting stuck, I can't find a game shortcut? tried dragging the client window into the box but nothing happens.

I'm not very good with computers, does anyone know where i'm going wrong?

i've got the flash quality of the game set down to medium and don't have any other windows open while i'm playing.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2010 1:28 PM

misstery,

How old is your system and what kind of hardware are you running on (processor, memory, video card, etc)? Also, which browser are you using to run the game client in?

Mozilla's Firefox or Google's Chrome browser seem to be the two tht give the best results for the majority of those who have tried them. If you try them out, just make sure you use them exclusively for WGT and don't clutter them with anything else. 

Also, make sure to turn all all other non essential programs, and it also might help to launch the game browser directly using this link. Once open, close all other open windows and/or tabs, and run that window all by itself, with the game client loaded directly.

I haven't used Gamebooster for many months, but if it is the same as the old version, you aren't missing anything. Once it runs and clears what it can, that's it. When done gaming, be sure to use the option within Gamebooster to re-enable everything it stopped.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Nov 20 2010 10:47 PM

Gamebooster isn't a cure but it helps.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 1:30 AM

VanHalenLover:

misstery,

How old is your system and what kind of hardware are you running on (processor, memory, video card, etc)? Also, which browser are you using to run the game client in?

Mozilla's Firefox or Google's Chrome browser seem to be the two tht give the best results for the majority of those who have tried them. If you try them out, just make sure you use them exclusively for WGT and don't clutter them with anything else. 

Also, make sure to turn all all other non essential programs, and it also might help to launch the game browser directly using this link. Once open, close all other open windows and/or tabs, and run that window all by itself, with the game client loaded directly.

I haven't used Gamebooster for many months, but if it is the same as the old version, you aren't missing anything. Once it runs and clears what it can, that's it. When done gaming, be sure to use the option within Gamebooster to re-enable everything it stopped.

VHL Game Booster2 is so much better than the older version but as Piz says it is not a cure all but it does help. But for all of you that use it know that with the next version it seems that many of the features will no longer be free. I downloaded the newest version and tried to tweek the system like I had with the previous version and got a message saying that to use that feature I had to buy the I believe it said pro version. I uninstalled that version and went back to the previous version. So looks like only the basic Game Booster2 features are going to be free from now on. Oh  for what it does it is probably worth what ever they are going to charge but there should have been some kind of warning.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 5:14 AM

another browser is chrome Iron...it is a more stripped down version of chrome

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 5:34 AM

SGTBilko:

another browser is chrome Iron...it is a more stripped down version of chrome

For me it's the best. Chrome and firefox are good but Iron has them beat.

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 5:42 AM
    hey born how did u download the older version?.. i got the newer 1 as well and u can't tweak it like u could the older 1..............
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 6:42 AM

TaterNater:
    hey born how did u download the older version?.. i got the newer 1 as well and u can't tweak it like u could the older 1..............

I didn't have to download it. I still had the setup file for it in my download folder.

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 9:49 AM

Thx for the acvice and info. I downloaded the google chrome, meter does seem a lot smooother, but still has massive spikes in it, my computer is a bout 9 months old and has 2 gig of ram, prob not a very good spec for this game. I do have an old dell optiplex 280 which doesn't have a graphic card that my brother gave me, could that upgraded to make a decent gaming computer? no idea what type of card it would meed! or indeed if it's even worth it, my gameplay has gone downhill so badly over the past week, i don't really think it's worth bothering with

RSS