Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Concerning Tier placement

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 17 2010 11:01 AM (1 replies)
  • shyboy
    2 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 10:48 AM

I have been playing WGT for about 2 years now and I am currently in the Master Tier, with an Average Score of 75.  I was just wondering why WGT places one in a Tier according to experience pts.  I feel it would make more sense to place people in a Tier according to their Average score.  As a Master, there is no way I can be competitive with an average score of 75, when most of the guys winning are posting scores in the Low 60's.  Just wanted to know if anyone knows why they do the Tier placement this way.  When I was still in the Pro Tier, I was competitive and even posted a few winning scores, now I have no chance.  It's just very frustrating and I don't play as often as I used to because I'm tired of placing above 1000 in the tournaments.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 11:01 AM

shyboy:
    I was just wondering why WGT places one in a Tier according to experience pts. 
    It's not actually, the tier placements are still according to your avg. score, but the algorithm has changed in the past updates.  Check here (near the bottom) and here (looks like this is when you were promoted) to see how it's different.

RSS