Forums

Help › Forums

Re: what's the deal?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 14 2010 11:26 AM (2 replies)
  • jonnywahoo
    19 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 1:30 AM

can anyone explain how sometimes when i hit the swing meter perfectly, a tee shot does not follow the intended path? i'm using taylor made clubs and tour gi-sd balls. it doesn't make sense and has cost me credits in matchplay challenges. extremely frustrating!

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 2:39 AM

jonnywahoo:

can anyone explain how sometimes when i hit the swing meter perfectly, a tee shot does not follow the intended path? i'm using taylor made clubs and tour gi-sd balls. it doesn't make sense and has cost me credits in matchplay challenges. extremely frustrating!

Are you sure you are lining up like you think? Sometimes the camera angles can be deceiving. I always double check my line before I make a shot. The wind arrow can look like it is blowing one way in one camera and an entirely different way in another.

• Richard1969
    34 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 11:26 AM

jonnywahoo:

It has happened to me several times.  Perfect example is 17th at Kiawah.  Wind was directly at me.  I aimed near the left fringe as i always do because I'm afraid of missing right and losing more balls in that water.  I dinged the shot and the ball started a good 10 feet to the right of the flag.  Luckily I hit it hard enough so I didnt lose my ball but the shot made no sense to me.  I dinged it and the ball started at least 25 feet to the right of where it was aimed.  And I have noticed this sort of thing several times, though not nearly as pronounced as this particular shot.

RSS