Forums

Help › Forums

Regarding Cheating

Wed, Jun 17 2015 4:18 PM (96 replies)
  • PCFRASER
    111 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 7:08 AM

Good morning all.

I don't usually write posts of this nature often, or any posts for that matter but after reading the long, sad gauntlet of a post with references to cheating in the Virtual tour tournament I just wanted to say this.

I love this game and have enjoyed playing on WGT since 2009. I have had many ups and downs when it comes to this game and in real life. Spent many hyatis's away from the game due to work commitments, having to leave both the family and the game.

My scores go up and down more than any roller coaster I can think of, but that' all part of playing Golf, both on the real golf course and here at WGT.

I have played my entire 5 years without cheating, probably wouldn't know how to use a cheat engine anyway. I was never more proud of myself when I finally posted my first and I believe only 27 not so long ago, even posted the card here and on my wall. Had my share of 28's and several 29's, all of which I am very proud of. Managing to do this with no cheating, no tools i.e. rulers, calculators or even taking the time to map out courses or greens. Just to be clear, I am not calling anyone cheaters that use said tools, that is perfectly acceptable.

I guess my point to all this rambling nonsense is why.....I say again.....why would anyone bother cheating. What satisfaction does anyone attain from doing so. The credits cannot be used anywhere but here so....is it really the money. Or is it just to be the top dog every time?

Yes, I am naive I suppose. I just don't get it anymore.

My apologies for the rant.

Cheers.

PCF

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 7:58 AM

PCFRASER:
    Or is it just to be the top dog every time?

It's just sad, worthless, people who have very low (if any) self-esteem, and they live miserable lives, so this is their one, and ONLY way to not be a loser at EVERYTHING they do. 

Cheating, scamming, no morals.....it's just a sad part of civilization. For there to be winners, means someone has to be the loser. Some losers see the loss and try to do better at whatever it is the next time around. Some look for the easy way out.

To do it in a virtual GAME, that means absolutely NOTHING, but a time-passer, and a little enjoyment and relaxation, is worse than PATHETIC. 

Congrats on your 27 and 28's and 29's :-)

• PCFRASER
    111 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 8:16 AM

jayw4862:
    Congrats on your 27 and 28's and 29's :-)

Thank you Jay, much appreciated.

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 8:23 AM

Congrats Jay.

I actually do use a few devices that help me.   I purchased the course notebook from WGT and have pretty much notes on all the courses, especially for my approach shots into the greens.    I use shot and putt pal as well, they are free to my CC now but I used these even when I had to pay for them, at least putter pal and I like those, don't have to put up the ugly scales on your monitor.

I have a good mind for math but I generally do keep a calculator app active when I play just in case I have a brain freeze and can't do math.

Using those tools with good equipment, you can shoot the sub 30 round on some courses fairly often, however I have found that getting those really low scores that I see (26, 27) are pretty tough for me.   My eyes aren't great and the putting seems to be the area that I'm much less proficient in than my fellow players.

Anyway good golf and good luck to you getting even lower.

• savoy251
    296 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 8:35 AM

i totaly agree with you.this is just a game,its just for killing time and having fun.theres no need to cheat.cheating shows thier way of dealing with real life,very sad.just keep playing and having fun,ignore cheaters,don't let them get you down.happy playing.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 9:09 AM

People cheat for one simple reason. Money.

WGT credits can be used to make real world money here.

You don't really think it has anything to do with anything else do you? As soon as they find out people will pay for credits or they can buy things that can be converted to cash irl, it's open season, especially in a Flash game.

• julplant
    203 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 9:13 AM

PCFRASER:

Yes, I am naive I suppose. I just don't get it anymore.

PCF

Being naive is not the problem... But some on WGT, a very few ones I hope, do believe that cheating could help them to get more credits...

I guess that the best cheat engine ever, at WGT, is luck combined to a good "Pifomètre" (guesswork)... And it's what every player in here should need...

But you can't prevent cheaters from playing, you only can bust hem when you see one... 

Witch Hunting is on ;)

And please, don't become an AIMTOPLEZE, seeing cheaters everywhere whenever you lose a round to someone you don't know...

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 9:36 AM

Witch hunting won't do any good.. We caught Javier red handed and he's still raking in the RG's AFAIK.. 

It's the attitudes of some of the community that really bothers me the most.. All this "well, he wasn't using it.. he only had it on his desktop and that proves nothing" is maddening to me.

All one has to do is look at this guy's scoring history and earnings and then look at what he shot in his twitch round to know he's a cheat. He shot a freakin' 51.. Hell, my poorly ass shot a 52 under the same exact conditions yesterday.

The evidence that this guy's a cheat is insurmountable.. yet there's no response or action from WGT and very little outcry from the community.

Twitching is a great idea.. it guarantees that the player won't be able to cheat because you can see everything he's doing. Let's have more of that.. and let's get rid of some of the cheaters before all the good, honest players finally get enough and leave the game for good.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 9:49 AM

Well I think what is kinda getting obvious is that WGT knows their days are numbered. The game plays like sh*t now, they've run out of fun and interesting things to do as a gaming site..It's just about grabbing what they can before they close it up.

PP will be online shortly, and if you talk to anyone who's a tester they'll tell you it's pretty sweet, and to fair, it's a video game... WGT is not a video game.

If they had even an ounce of integrity they'd ban the guy, and anyone else who's caught with CE installed. It's only purpose is to break flash games, it is a tool... But I seriously doubt anyone on here using it works developing games and used it legit.

But they don't so fu*k 'em.....

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 10:16 AM

ISH47:

Witch hunting won't do any good.. We caught Javier red handed and he's still raking in the RG's AFAIK.. 

It's the attitudes of some of the community that really bothers me the most.. All this "well, he wasn't using it.. he only had it on his desktop and that proves nothing" is maddening to me.

All one has to do is look at this guy's scoring history and earnings and then look at what he shot in his twitch round to know he's a cheat. He shot a freakin' 51.. Hell, my poorly ass shot a 52 under the same exact conditions yesterday.

The evidence that this guy's a cheat is insurmountable.. yet there's no response or action from WGT and very little outcry from the community.

Twitching is a great idea.. it guarantees that the player won't be able to cheat because you can see everything he's doing. Let's have more of that.. and let's get rid of some of the cheaters before all the good, honest players finally get enough and leave the game for good.

2 things have shocked me.

1. Wgt has done nothing about this ! Cheat engine on your pc and you should be under full investigation on your next many rounds. ( I would have just banned him ) 

2. That people have defended him.

Twitch is a good tool to prevent some /most of the cheats, but I wish wgt would have some more tools to prevent these scumbags, and use them ! 

RSS