Forums

Help › Forums

Re: meter for new driver

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 9 2010 12:12 AM (3 replies)
  • supermex79
    31 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 10:49 PM

I went ahead and now have the Ping G10 driver 10.5.........first of all..the forgiveness is terrible...second of all..why is there so little area on the meter to hit the sweet spot...and the meter flies when I use this club...I do get more distance..but you would think that after using that many credits for a club..the meter would be slower??? Yes, I did look at the meter reading before I got the club..it reads about normal when compared to everything else...So, frustrating..if you even miss hitting  with it a small bit..the ball really sails off course. Ive even tried using different balls, but does not change much...any suggestions..other than practice,practice, practice....believe me iam!!!   thanks

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 11:52 PM

G13 balls and lots of practice.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Nov 8 2010 11:58 PM

Super'...try the G13-S balls. You will lose a little distance but w/2 1/2 dots of "feel" the meter will slow down until you get use to your new driver. Oh and one other thing practice,practice,practice. lol... Hit 'em straight and true, bud

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 12:12 AM

Get the GISD balls or anyother balls with feel. These slow down the meter dramatically. The GISD balls particularly are an expensive option. I personally beleive that "practice" is the way forward - you get a feel for the meter and it also helps if all your clubs have similar meter speeds.

RSS