Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Average Score Not Updated

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 7 2010 9:09 PM (6 replies)
  • EPDuffer
    66 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 9:10 PM

WGT, Why has my average score not been updated recently although I have played stroke games on a daily basis? I usually see a change in the average within a few minutes of game completion, but for the last two or three days the average has not changed. It's not because my scoring has stabilized either, I can assure you of that. LOL

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 9:54 PM
  • EPDuffer
    66 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 8:46 AM

Thanks, I need to read those news posts much closer. Glad to see WGT has made the average score fairer than taking each round played.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 8:56 AM

Mind you. Mine hasn't moved since Friday either.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 9:37 AM

EPDuffer:

WGT, Why has my average score not been updated recently although I have played stroke games on a daily basis? I usually see a change in the average within a few minutes of game completion, but for the last two or three days the average has not changed. It's not because my scoring has stabilized either, I can assure you of that. LOL

Under the new system if you shoot higher than your average and you have played many many rounds like over 1000 your average stays the same. And if you shoot lower than your average it drops a little like maybe .02 or .03. Under the old system your average was way too volatile. A bad round made it shoot up way too much and a couple of low rounds made it drop way too much. Making lots of people reach the master tier before they were ready. Or maybe keeping someone who was ready to make master have to wait. I'm not sure how much if any your average will rise after a bad round if you have only played a few rounds, Maybe either Sky or Icon can tell you that.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 10:35 AM

borntobesting:

EPDuffer:

Under the new system if you shoot higher than your average and you have played many many rounds like over 1000 your average stays the same. And if you shoot lower than your average it drops a little like maybe .02 or .03. Under the old system your average was way too volatile. A bad round made it shoot up way too much and a couple of low rounds made it drop way too much. Making lots of people reach the master tier before they were ready. Or maybe keeping someone who was ready to make master have to wait. I'm not sure how much if any your average will rise after a bad round if you have only played a few rounds, Maybe either Sky or Icon can tell you that.

That is not the case. If you have played more than 30 rounds- bad rounds will not affect your avg at all and rounds just under your avg will decrease it slightly.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Nov 7 2010 9:09 PM

mohuyu:

borntobesting:

EPDuffer:

That is not the case. If you have played more than 30 rounds- bad rounds will not affect your avg at all and rounds just under your avg will decrease it slightly.

If you had read my entire post correctly you would have noticed this( I'm not sure how much if any your average will rise after a bad round if you have only played a few rounds, Maybe either Sky or Icon can tell you that.) and to me after playing well over 1000 rounds 30 is just a few.

RSS