Forums

Help › Forums

Re: why

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 9 2010 7:35 PM (9 replies)
  • andypat
    453 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2010 7:39 PM

I hope this is the right place for this, the reason behind the WHY is I have been practicing some shots on bpb 10th and the why factor is this, I put my drive centre of f/way I have 177 yds to the pin I take a full 175 with half backspin and make the green comfortable, I'm ok with that, but when I add fbs and hit 180 to allow for the spin my ball falls way short ie 156 yds.

Now the wind factor doesn't come into this as I have a setting of low wind which was on all 6 occasions 3mph s/wind, so is there anyone out there who can explain this mystery to me as I fail to see how a shot hit harder can possibly fall 24 yds  short of the distance hit?????    

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2010 9:32 PM

Try posting a replay next time so that we can see first hand all of the variables involved in the equation. You can always send a bug report to WGT and if in fact it is a legitimate error, they.. ummmm.. might fix it.

Good Luck!

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2010 10:15 PM

speedyschic:

Try posting a replay next time so that we can see first hand all of the variables involved in the equation. You can always send a bug report to WGT and if in fact it is a legitimate error, they.. ummmm.. might fix it.

Good Luck!

yeah they might one day, I don't know if it is a bug, and as for replays when they fix that bug we might be able to save replay's tried to save one this morning and it froze on me again and yes I did report it to the company that deals with the bug complaints.  

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2010 10:39 PM

the full back spin makes a significant difference in the length of the shot. I have yet to find a comfortable calculation for the differences when applying different levels of backspin. For me, it's full backspin all the time, or none at all (not including drives). At least then all you gotta do is get used to the new distances with full bs, and plan accordingly. 

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2010 11:49 PM

VanHalenLover:

the full back spin makes a significant difference in the length of the shot. I have yet to find a comfortable calculation for the differences when applying different levels of backspin. For me, it's full backspin all the time, or none at all (not including drives). At least then all you gotta do is get used to the new distances with full bs, and plan accordingly. 

Hi Van

Yeah I understand all that but why should half backspin make so much difference, when I hit the full 175 with hbs I can reach the green easy, when I apply fbs and add another 10 yds to the shot to allow for that it shouldn't fall 35 yds short of the distance hit, ok maybe 5-10yards but not 30+ yards

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Nov 6 2010 12:22 AM

I'm with ya ap, and wish it weren't the case. The ONLY rationale I can come up with, is that maybe, just maybe, it simulates taking a bit too much turf and shortens the result accordingly.

If this were the result once in a while, it would be easier to believe, but as you pointed out it happens all the time. I guess it's just me trying in vain to justify it, lol.

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 4:38 PM

even a light wind in your face can drastically reduce the distance with the G10s because of the high trajectory, try half back spin or 2/3.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 5:32 PM

I belive if you dont hit a full shot the carry reduces a lot,so 175 full carried and taking 10 off the 190 didnt,I might be wrong but full shots seem to carry more,when i take some off a full shot i always add more for this reason only,

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 7:15 PM

PRIESTESS:

I belive if you dont hit a full shot the carry reduces a lot,so 175 full carried and taking 10 off the 190 didnt,I might be wrong but full shots seem to carry more,when i take some off a full shot i always add more for this reason only,

I understand that priestess, but that ball consistently comes down 20-30 yards short regardless of wind, now surely it shouldn't loose that much distance I could understand maybe 10-15 yards but not 20-30 yards.    

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, Nov 9 2010 7:35 PM

After playing the i15s for several months and recently switching back to g10s I've noticed anything with full backspin that is not dinged will come up 15-20 yards short.  The i15s don't deviate nearly as badly but can't play them anymore because the stupid fuckkking meter has gotten so bad.

I've also found sometimes the g10s will occasionally deviate that short even on dingers too.  God I miss being able to play my i15s.

RSS