Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Replay Update

Sun, Oct 31 2010 8:38 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Fri, Oct 29 2010 9:51 PM

I wish there was an option to turn off the replays period. It's an insult to have to see how I missed a chip over again two clicks right of the bell. Less replays more wear and tear on the balls wgt why don't u have that option?

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 2:11 AM

superchuck:
    DAMNIT, quit telling us to clear our flash!!!!

The reason WGTicon says to do this is if you are still getting replays: i.e. you're using a not up-to-date version of the game. Clearing the cache will ensure you use the latest version. So, in this case it is good advice.

It's hard to fix bugs if users refuse to do what is needed to ensure the fix is applied to them.

Yes, it's quite disgraceful that changes were made that caused this bug in the first place but WGT have noticed quite quickly and done the sensible thing and switched off the offending feature.

In slightly less emotive terms I agree with the middle of your post superchuck. However:

superchuck:
    And WGT..get a moderator to be a laison...the one you have now cannot seem to relay our concerns to you.

Now, I do disagree with that. In the past 24 hours it seems WGTicon has been very busy reading and responding to posts in these forums. And not the politicians answer you'd normally get from WGTadmin (ignoring the question and trotting out the party line) but pertinent and helpful answers to what people ask.

I for one am very grateful for that.

Thank you WGTicon.

I would hate for you to be demoralized and give up doing this by people who haven't noticed the improvement you've made to these forums in such a short period of time.

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 3:56 PM

It's not just the 'auto-replays' that aren't working.. The few times I've replayed a shot (playing RG's by myself), I can't do it.. it just freezes.. fortunately I can just quit out of the game and pick up where I left off...

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 4:45 PM

Thanks Icon!

I cannot begin to guess at how frustrating it must be for you to have to read through all the negative comment,and perhaps not have the immediate means to make this game all things to all players,but I just would like you know that I think you are doing a fabbie dabs job,and the game is still a killer game for me.

I imagine that for every gripe,there must be a hundred happie or unconcerned people,so as they they say,Noli turbari !

• nineiron2cup
    20 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 5:14 PM

As I change levels , it seems that my game does not improve . Is there anything I can do besides the obvious such as new clubs , ball etc. I have viewed all vidios two or three times each, I just geep getting worse....Great game but no apparent way to inprove...

nineiron2cup

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 6:40 PM

It's a bit off-topic but what the heck:

As with all things in life the more you improve the harder it gets to improve and everyone will eventually reach a level they can't improve upon.

If you haven't read 'Putting Tips' and 'Chip and Pitch Tips' in the FAQs (----------->) then that would be a good idea. The 2 most crucial shots in the game.

Playing with better players helps. Watch how they approach holes and handle situations and maybe even ask their advice on how to play shots.

Apart from that, it is just practice and experience. Knowing the courses (where to aim on the drive to get the best bounce, what way the green slopes and what part of it is easier to stop on and/or makes for easier putts, etc) makes a big difference. Judging wind and elevation effects on distance is very tricky and can only come from playing a lot.

There are  much better people to advise you than me but I don't think they'd disagree with anything I've said here.

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Sun, Oct 31 2010 8:38 PM

vila and lizzie - u r right. it is often we players have gripes, concerns, wants, and "needs." for someone like icon to pour through posts, and do his or her best to answer our concerns is respectful to us as players, and we should all appreciate it. granted, it should have been fixed a few days ago, but we don't know all of the details. at least an effort is being made, and i for 1, would like to look at the positive side and say thank you:)

• PAGES
RSS