Help › Forums

Re: High CPU and Mmory usage

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 27 2016 8:42 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • obielee
    355 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 11:29 PM

My computer is very slow the past 3 or 4 Days and my swing meter is so jumpy I cant play wgt golf. I keep getting popup's fron Norton saying high CPU usage and high Memory usage. How do i fix this problem and get my game back to normal.

Thanks for any help,

Obie

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 11:46 PM

obielee:

My computer is very slow the past 3 or 4 Days and my swing meter is so jumpy I cant play wgt golf. I keep getting popup's fron Norton saying high CPU usage and high Memory usage. How do i fix this problem and get my game back to normal.

Thanks for any help,

Obie

In the past, I found out it was actually Norton that was the problem.  Haven't had an issue since taking it out and using AVG.

Check for rundll32.exe, too.  Had this issue and was able to delete my way out of it (you might want to double check before deleting anything, though).

The other thing I do is keep task manager open beside the game screen to make sure the CPU is below 10.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sun, Oct 19 2014 11:47 PM

You'll have to check locally which are unnecessary windows, programs and processes on your PC. I can't tell about memory usage, but low CPU load on a display (from Task Manager or a third party program) is a good measure for smooth play. After you cleared some, you may add to the effort by waiting 10-20 secs to execute your shots.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 12:00 AM

I know some people w/ high end laptops or computers who rarely re-start their machines.

Laptops might sometimes just be folded down till next use. But I've found that I have best results when I shut off my computer then start it again and I wait a few minutes for it to stabilize and it seems the 'RAM clears', or it just helps, when you re-start (or rather shut down then start up)

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 12:11 AM
    Norton is just an expensive space hogger in my opinion. I've always had a high CPU but my meter is fine.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 1:22 AM

The other thing to check is your scheduled tasks, I delete all these and up date myself. Google is one of the worst at this. My antivirus is the only program that I would leave active.

I use a Autoruns to shut down a lot of unnecessary programs at startup, but you have to be careful of that, and if your not knowledgeable enough, you could shut off the wrong thing. i have an old XP as my backup to my Chromebook and the XP I do this with. Clear the Cookies,Cache,Browsing history,hosted data and Flash Player(Website storage) and shutdown. I clear the chromebook as well, before I shutdown, the videos wreck havoc on this game.

It`s 4:30 Am, gotta get coffee

Don

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 1:27 AM

If you are using windows 7 and above you will need to run task scheduler. And disable the ones you are not using.  Going in and disabling task scheduler will actually cause an increase in memory and cpu usage

• FlexibleAsARock
    101 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 8:14 AM

I would almost certainly agree that Norton is the problem. it creates many processes and constantly works in the background

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 5:15 PM

Any info on 'csrss.exe' ?

I search it and I see the common 'it's ok' , 'it's not ok' ..etc. and 'it depends on what folder it runs in' etc.

TIA

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 5:33 PM

Might try Gboost or game booster

• PAGES
RSS