Forums

Help › Forums

Where is the help and support infrastructure !!!!!

Thu, Oct 7 2010 7:12 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • saja1970
    160 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 10:04 AM

No response apart from automated ones, and issues that never get solved. There are many more unhappy players out there, but none apart from a few come forward.

It's ok because WGT has over 20000 members, and more joining all the time. So what do they care, who do they care about, not the ding! ding!, just the ching ching! of there wallets.

If you a are business you should have atleast in my opinion 3 things, loyalty to your customers, help and a workable support network, that responds to your clients needs.

Unfortunately this is something that WGT doesn't get a grasp of, when a client sends you an email, asking for a fix on a certain problem, sending them an automated response, saying well be back in touch with you as soon as possible, and then not even responding to the issue, doesn't solve the problem, fix it or make it go away.

I have only had 120ish rounds, I'm Tour Pro, an average player, but enjoyed the game untill you have been here a while then notice all the glitches, so you wait and wait. thinking someone else will get it sorted. But I, and we've been waiting to long for small technical issues to be resolved.

Whether its the paid credit tournaments, lack of freedom to create better competitions in the country club, not being able to send a forum letter to all your members, cause it says there is no one by that name in your friends list! Let Me tell you WGT! YES THERE F'IN IS. So I have to manually send them, how long does that take, FOREVER!

New Courses!!!! NOPE!

Putting Greens Driving Range? NOPE!!!

Support & Help....you must be kidding!!

More freedom to create better Competitions in Country Clubs?....NOPE!

Taking Percentage of credits off Country Club for paid tournaments...Definatley YES!

Over Priced Products.....YES YES!

Price to trade in old equipment increased.....NOPE!

20% rake for all credit games in Country club for WGT!!!....EXTORTIONATE

the list is endless

and i am fed up, so if there is anyone else out there that wants to do something about this issue and other issues.....i'll be right here waiting.

WGT have been here long enough to upgrade, fix and resolve issues, and they should learn what customer satisfaction is all about.

saja1970

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 10:15 AM

Very nice rant. A lot of truth in what you're saying.    It's been my definite impression that WGT.com is hopelessly understaffed, especially when it comes to the "help and support infrastructure" you're talking about.

Take these dilapidated forums as a good example: there's no way huge forums like these can be effectively managed by a single person (WGTSky). In my estimation, at least 3 dedicated staff members should take care of these forums (or volunteers from among WGT users, overseen by WGTSky).

• DodgyDave01
    7 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 12:32 AM

WGT really need to keep everyone constantly updated as to what there doing and an eta as to when things will be ready. The upcoming product relaese page hasn't been updated since August. come on WGT WE NEED WEEKLY UPDATES!!!!!!

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 2:58 AM

I think  your wasting your breathe as far as WGT monitoring the forums or keeping the customer informed, they have what they want lots of people spending money to buy credits to replace the balls that don't last as long as they used too,

As for fixing bugs and the like, well thats become a joke,I have sent numerous bug reports in and not once have WGT acknowledge any of them, I now think it's a pointless exercise they don't listen or they don't want to listen to the people that keep this game afloat.

But if they don't start to listen this game will go the way of many others, I now have the impression that this is a get rich exercise and stuff everyone else.

My 2 bob's worth   

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 3:21 AM

Andy, I don't think that any WGT staff member is "unwilling to help", or is ignoring communication from customers intentionally, or anything like that.

I believe the simple fact is that WGT is understaffed. That applies both to game developers (see the extremely slow development of new stroke-play courses; 4 courses in almost 3 years, good heavens! ) and the customer-facing staff. Until WGT hire more staff to manage interaction with customers on a daily and hourly basis, we won't see any improvement in this regard. Even if someone like WGTSky was working 24 hours a day 7 days a week (and he can't), there would be more work in customer-facing situations on a large site like WGT.com than a single person could ever hope to handle efficiently.

• saja1970
    160 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 7:30 AM

faterson,

we'll if they are understaffed and not producing good quality, service, value and help and support to those who pay good money, for credits, upgrades on equipment...etc

why don't they acknowledge, there is a problem, also let us know they know and decide to maybe issue low prices and discounts until the problems are resolved?

simple look after the one's that butter you bread...so to speak.

saja1970

• saja1970
    160 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 7:37 AM

ty took me a little while lol

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 8:06 AM

saja1970:
    why don't they acknowledge there is a problem

I don't think sincerity is among the attributes of corporations, or enterprises that would like to become big-time corporations. Obfuscation and PR propaganda – definitely, but I'm afraid sincerity just isn't considered to be a virtue in a market economy environment. (In fact, it might even be considered harmful for a business's "public image" – more harmful than user discontent as shown in this and other forum threads.)  

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 8:40 AM

Faterson:

Take these dilapidated forums as a good example: there's no way huge forums like these can be effectively managed by a single person (WGTSky). In my estimation, at least 3 dedicated staff members should take care of these forums (or volunteers from among WGT users, overseen by WGTSky).

You do not need 3 staff members to handle the complaints... you need 3 staff members who can act and fix the complaints... more programmers.    And I really do not know how you know that WGT is understaffed... that surely is a guess on your part,,, or do you have their phone number and that's how you found out???

WGTSky is doing fine here... it may be that there are not enough staff to fix these problems... or.... they just don't give a damn!

No one really knows the membership count here.... but let's say only 3% of that membership is actually posting on these forums...... that's 3% that are pissed off.... acceptable for a business and it really should not affect their revenue.

Now if 50% of that membership would start posting their gripes.... well, maybe then WGT would have to act.

And if that 50% would just stop spending their money...then things would happen!   Until that happens, these Forums will continue on with the gripes and b-itching.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 9:06 AM

aceydeucey:
    You do not need 3 staff members to handle the complaints...

On a huge site like this, you definitely do. I suspect even 3 might be too few. Like I mentioned before, take the example of the Ladders site: a lot smaller site than this one, but it has five moderators to take care of user concerns, and it appears they have their hands full every day.

aceydeucey:
    that surely is a guess on your part

Yes, but it's an extremely safe guess, like guessing that Friday will follow on Thursday.  

I can't subscribe to your praise for the current situation in the forums. Duplicate threads are left lying about in any and all forum subsections... there's hardly ever a thread merge, or thread move to the correct section... trolls are allowed to rampage at will... Chaos reigns, from what I can see.

• PAGES
RSS