Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Yellow Callaways, who's using them?

Sun, Aug 31 2014 2:56 PM (50 replies)
  • ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 8:51 PM

Well, I know the 2 Jim's already know I use them. I also use them 39 white balls. The only complaint I may have, and it's prolly just me, but they seem to not roll as far as they should on putts, yet other times they roll forever.

Case in point, I had a 4 foot putt earlier that was 3 inches DH on a 12 green. I took the meter to where I thought just under 1 foot would be, missed the cup to the side by an inch, and the putt ended up being a 15 foot shot.

This was at Oakmont, and I did read a post a minute ago from someone claiming the VEM is cranked on parts of Oak. I have to believe that to be true.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 9:04 PM

ShadyShank:
    This was at Oakmont, and I did read a post a minute ago from someone claiming the VEM is cranked on parts of Oak. I have to believe that to be true.

Hate to clue you but VEM has nothing to do with courses. 

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 9:36 PM

ShadyShank:
    Well, I know the 2 Jim's already know I use them. I also use them 39 white balls. The only complaint I may have, and it's prolly just me, but they seem to not roll as far as they should on putts, yet other times they roll forever

i think balls putt different may not but seems so to me 

ShadyShank:
    Case in point, I had a 4 foot putt earlier that was 3 inches DH on a 12 green. I took the meter to where I thought just under 1 foot would be, missed the cup to the side by an inch, and the putt ended up being a 15 foot shot.

different courses have different speeds and some days i think they change at random lol

ShadyShank:
    This was at Oakmont, and I did read a post a minute ago from someone claiming the VEM is cranked on parts of Oak. I have to believe that to be true

VEM is suppose to be skill based so unless your burning up the course i dont think you have much to worry about bro 

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 4:38 AM

BIGFOOT ...

also...hangs out on ..Oakmont.... just to have  beer with santa ..an shoot da bull..

:)_~~

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 10:40 PM

spdemon:
    VEM is suppose to be skill based so unless your burning up the course i dont think you have much to worry about bro 

And it just gets more confusing. 1st I have an arrogant L tell me I'm not good enough to know a thing about whether VEM has affected any of my putts. Then I post on shooting -11 on the front at St A and +4 on the back hitting my putts the same the whole way thru. But, I'm told then that it was because I made the comment I figured at 61 I'm good for 3rd place in the RG at least, so I let up on my game and concentration. Though, he said if I shot a -1 on the back he could see how it could be VEM.

I never replied to that but I am now. The years of baseball I have mentioned playing made certain elements of how I play any sport or game like an instinct or habit. One is, I don't get nervous or jumpy when doing well or winning, and I NEVER let up or let the killer instinct drop in any way.

So, it seems since I'll never know for sure anyway what causes a putt I know should have dropped not to, I'm never using the anagram again, nor commenting on it when anyone else does.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 6:21 AM

ShadyShank:
    I'm never using the anagram again, nor commenting on it when anyone else does.

VEM is an acronym not an anagram.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 6:56 AM

PaulTon:

ShadyShank:
    I'm never using the anagram again, nor commenting on it when anyone else does.

VEM is an acronym not an anagram.

Heh, thanks for that, Paul. Couldn't figure out what the heck the anagram was.  ;-)

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 8:17 AM

Anyone notice the guy, Durant i think his name is, using yellow Callys in the Canadian Open yesterday?  Made me giggle :-)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 8:29 AM

YankeeJim:
    Heh, thanks for that, Paul. Couldn't figure out what the heck the anagram was.  ;-)

SHAKY HANDS?

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 9:49 AM

Do any of the pros play with yellow golf balls? There might be a strategic advantage because competitors would fear the weirdness!

RSS