Forums

Help › Forums

Yellow Callaways, who's using them?

Sun, Aug 31 2014 2:56 PM (50 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 12:38 PM

LMAO!   someone gave my thread a 1-star!   That's funny to me.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 1:28 PM

SPINO1:

+1 H

A tad fast for me too , ill go back to lvl 48 nikes after the last 2 run out...sorry wgt , more choice please !

And a ball retriever for 500 credits

Yup, sadly I have had trouble hitting (or getting close to) the ding with them. Plus I dislike vapour trails.

Instead of a ball retriever, how about water resistant balls for an extra 25cr per sleeve lol Then I would not give 2 hoots what colour they were!!!!

• rollone
    772 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 2:55 PM

H....I have a few sleeves....no complaints

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 2:57 PM

alanti:
    Yup, sadly I have had trouble hitting (or getting close to) the ding with them. Plus I dislike vapour trails.

Thanks for the reply.  Replies like these will help with trying to get other Cally's offered in yellow.

I had emailed wgt and got a response that they will be following along, perhaps as a fly on the wall but still good to know.  :)

• BigInigoMontoya
    208 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 3:13 PM

If they were the same color as the level 11 Srixon, then I would buy a sleeve or two.  But they aren't. The Srixons are neon yellow. The ball in Hazen's avatar is neon yellow. And the balls currently sold in real life at the local pro shop or sporting goods store are NEON bloody yellow!!!!!!! But the balls currently sold by WGT are not neon yellow, and I personally find them to be ugly and repulsive.  So I won't be buying any. 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Jul 3 2014 3:18 PM

BigInigoMontoya:
    ! But the balls currently sold by WGT are not neon yellow, and I personally find them to be ugly and repulsive.

I agree but only when looking at them in the pro shop.  While playing the game they look just as yellow as any other yellow ball I've played in the game. 

**EDIT   Bump :)

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Jul 4 2014 12:58 PM

I'll try them when they're 50 credits a sleeve or less.  I already have to dig through a lot of trash cans for cans and bottles to use what I got.

• johnabel1234
    146 Posts
    Sat, Jul 5 2014 7:33 AM

hpurey,i bought some just be cause of all the work you put into getting them in the pro shop. good job  :)

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Sat, Jul 5 2014 9:55 AM

Yes, well done, hp, I got some too...they remind me of my days of playing real golf...always liked the yellow golf balls back then.

johnabel1234:

hpurey,i bought some just be cause of all the work you put into getting them in the pro shop. good job  :)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Jul 5 2014 9:33 PM

AGArgent:

Yes, well done, hp, I got some too...they remind me of my days of playing real golf...always liked the yellow golf balls back then.

johnabel1234:

Cheers!  

Played 18 holes today with the Yelloway,  was hitting everything a club longer,  think it was a mental thing lol.  

I don't see many other golfers playing yellow balls, but today everywhere I looked on the course there was a yellow ball in each group I think.  :) 

RSS