Help › Forums

Re: Hello WGT... is anyone listening?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 4 2010 4:14 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • leonthomas
    37 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 12:50 PM

I  totally  agree with you 100%  WGT can either fix this ***  or this man  will not be spending a Dime on it, it's just not worth it, the day WGT started this blitz  ***, this game has went to hell , i go on and i can't even tee off anymore, when you  swing you damn swing  gets stuck over your head , fix your server WGT  because this is one  customer that will not pay for a product  that dosn't WORK!   either fix it, or i can play the Tiger Woods game   

Very Displeased !!!

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 1:45 PM

You are all  correct,the games  getting worse ,and your  paying Customers and  WGT are doing nothing about it.  like ive said before if you  buy  faulty goods  from a shop  you  take it  back they refund you or replace it!!

WGT  are doing Nothing but keep collecting your money..  I wonder if the Trading Standards would like too here about this? im sure they would!!!!!

• BigRedNewfie
    205 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 3:29 PM

verry eliquent  ..... LOADING  .......... post.

With the technology of games today , even flash. ......  LOADING  .................... games, there should be no pr.. pr.. pr.. problem fix .....LOADING ......... ing these pro.. pro.. problems ...LOADING ............    crap   .... DISCONNECT ................ .............................................................................................................

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 5:02 PM

I will just verify what the other posters have complained about. About the only games I've been able to complete are those that I'm playing solo. If any player disconnects during multi-player rounds, the game hangs. A big part of the appeal of WGT is banter during multi-rounds ... and that seems GONE for the time being.

WGT: beef up your servers, and make sure your software is compatible with the latest version of Flash, since that is your chosen platform!

As Others have said, I won't be putting another nickle into WGT coffers until things get fixed. Whatever patch you applied 9-29 has only worsened matters.

• Chipsalot
    74 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 4:14 PM

Chipsalot:

Hello WGT... is anyone listening?

I've just had another useless day on WGT with not one score recorded.

Why you may ask.

Since the changes you made to the levels and the inclusion of experience points the whole game has gone from bad to worse.

Disconnections are running rife in multi-player games but that's not the real problem.

Now when they disconnect, the game freezes almost every time spoiling the game for everyone and causing massive frustration. I've now had two very frustrating days.

Now you could say it's a free game so stop complaining but I've spent about $160 on this free game so that makes me a paying customer and therefore the right to have some reasonable satisfaction with the product.

At the very least I would expect a game to continue without what appears to be your temperamental servers going into melt down when someone disconnects. Or even the message that you are no longer connected when my ISP is working well.

Add to all this your damned swing meter which is about as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike, you might finally get the message that all is not well and your customers are unhappy.

As for the Experience Points helping to stop disconnections... read my lips.... IT IS NOT WORKING - they are getting worse.

Fix your servers, fix the swing meter and punish those that disconnect.

Simple as that.

Well here we are nearly two working days later and a weekend in-between and not a murmur of reassurance from the WGT team.

I don't know about anyone else but I've spent a miserable four days trying to play multi-player games, trying to complete one is almost impossible.

It only takes one player to disconnect and it freezes the game for everyone which makes the whole idea of a multi-player game pointless.

I even put the following message up at the start of every game....

"Please do not disconnect from the game. Disconnection will freeze the game and spoil it for the remaining players."

What a waste of time that was. Either some didn't believe it or were too selfish in maintaining their averages that they just didn't care about other members.

THERE IS AN ANSWER

Punish each disconnection with a loss of 1,000 experience points.

Most disconnections are caused due to.....

1. Not playing well

2. Had too much to drink.

3. Not allowed enough time for the game and have to go.

4. They are tired.

5. Their wife is on the warpath.

Of course punishing the disconnecter is going to catch innocent disconnections as well... I can live with that.

It's either that or WGT makes everyone go back to the game that they started and finish it.

Then and only then will the mass disconnections cease.

• PAGES
RSS