Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Blitzkrieg, WTF about the scoring

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 6 2010 1:01 PM (6 replies)
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 8:50 AM

Can someone break down the scoring please?

Played with a few guys, one guy hits rocks and plunks in water, 0 pts, me 12ft 8800pts

Next hole I stuff it to 1.5ft.  Water boy hits it to 11 ft.  I get like 9965 pts, he gets 17000 and change.

After that I kept hitting greens, winning a few holes, but losing others but I would still gain more pts. 

Last hole I hit to 10ft, water boy hits to 4.5ft.  I get 21k pts

What is going on?  Can we just make this a closest to the hole, maybe bonus for consecutive greens and thats all?  If I want to use a bowling type score system I would go play WBT, not WGT.

• thatcanadianguy
    557 Posts
    Thu, Sep 30 2010 3:08 PM

How does the scoring work?

Each hole is worth a base score of 10000 points. Your score is calculated by adding up your total distance from the flagstick with your shot. Like Closest to the Hole games, there are penalty feet added to your distance if your ball lands in a hazard or off the green. Your distance is then multiplied by 100, and that total is subtracted from 10000 to give your base score. Streaks and bonuses are then applied to the base score to give you your final score for the hole. Certain streaks and bonuses can be combined to create unique high-scoring combinations!

What are the streaks and bonuses I can get?

Hit the Green Bonus
    • Each time your ball ends up on the green, you’ll get a bonus of 50 points.

Green Streak
    • Each time your ball ends up on the green on consecutive holes, you’ll go on a Green Streak. Once a shot fails to land on the green, the Green Streak will be broken, and you’ll have to land on the green with your next shot to start another Green Streak. Your Green Streak point bonus is not cumulative but rather you will earn the bonus when the streak ends or at the end of the round should it continue through the 9th hole. Therefore if you have a 200 point bonus after the 3rd hole and then hit the green on the 4th hole your Green Streak bonus will become worth 400 points instead of 200 points.

Accuracy Streak
    • Each time your ball ends up inside 10 feet of the hole on consecutive holes, you’ll go on an Accuracy Streak. Once a shot fails to land inside 10 feet, the Accuracy Streak will be broken, and you’ll have to land inside 10 feet again on consecutive holes to start another Accuracy Streak.

Recovery Bonus
    • Sometimes disaster strikes and you lose a ball out of bounds or in the water. No problem in Blitz! As long as your next shot lands on the green, you’ll get a Recovery Bonus, which doubles your score for that hole. It’s one of the many ways that you can stay in contention in Blitz even after a bad hole.

Hit the Pin Bonus
    • If your ball hits the pin and doesn’t drop in for a Hole-in-One, you’ll get a 25,000 point bonus. A nice reward for having good aim!

Hole in One Bonus/Streak
    • This is the greatest shot in golf, and in Blitz it’s no different. Get a Hole-in-One and you’ll get a 40,000 point bonus and your score for the entire round will be doubled. Get more than one Hole-in-One in a row and you’ll go on a Hole in One Streak, which increases the final score multiplier. This adds to the intrigue of the game, as even the worst of rounds can turned into high scoring ones with a Hole in One. Get one late in the game for the ultimate comeback!

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 8:31 AM

Thanks, but this points system is more arcade then golf to me.  Cant we just have CTTH pin?  I can win every hole by a lot, and my opponent chips in from a short distance like BP #2 and he will win the entire game?  Since when does one hole count more then 8 others?

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 11:34 AM

Neil,

I can see your point but your missing the point. It was meant as a very quick way to play a game..and is only meant to be fun for the casual player..my group enjoys them for what they are. It has brought some fun back into this game.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 12:11 PM

I have played the hell out of them danohi, they are fun.  Just wish the scoring system was different, you can play well, win many holes and get destroyed in final scoring with all those add ons

• miamifins13
    6 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 12:24 PM

I'm all for helping people out when they shank a shot (and we all know that a meter hiccup every now and then is not out of the question), but doubling a score to make up for it seems a little extreme.  Give someone a little bonus for a good shot after a water ball, but don't make it so drastic that it becomes a penalty to an opponent shooting a good score.  I know there is the accuracy and consistency bonus, but I have played a few nice rounds where I wasn't perfect, but got blasted by someone who was all over the course who racked up 2 nice shots on an easy hole after water balls on more difficult holes. 

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 1:01 PM

The only part of the scoring that I disagree with is the double score after someone hits a horrible shot into the water, I understand the theory but it is too much.

I have a pretty good understanding of the greens bonus and the accuracy bonus.  The hole in one bonus is a little mystery to me.  I understand it is 40k points plus it doubles up your total score but I have seen some scores that make no sense when it comes to this bonus.  I did have someone come up with 353k points the other day making an ace, only hitting 6 greens and getting within 10 feet twice, can't see hot that could happen. 

I made an ace the other day and got the diamond award so I just play for score now, I look at it as a fun game, you can play with all levels and each person is competeting against their best score rather than each other.

RSS