Forums

Help › Forums

Re: My best round ever..

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 20 2010 9:19 AM (4 replies)
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 11:53 PM

This actually happened about 6 months ago.

I was playing then as a master with around a 66.5 avg. I entered into a MPC with a player to remain nameless who is now a top 20% legend. At the time he had a 61.4 avg.

For the first 7 holes we keep trading birdies and I find myself 1 down going into 8. Im -4 and my playing partner is -5. My knees are knockin..Im playing a great player and im playing way out of my comfort zone

My opponent (were on the front of St. A's) hits a pretty 190 club to this par 3 to about 10'. I bear down and hit it perfect. To my shock I get my first MPC HOI. He birdies. to go -6. I win the hole and tie the match. so hes at -6 and IM now at -6.

We have a favorable wind on #9 so we can go for the green in 1. I have honors. Take about 1 movement of power off my drive and a ball of back spin.. Another perfect ding! I watch in anticipation as my ball bounces down the fairway, onto the green and in the hole!!!  OMG! A rare double eagle! This of course demoralizes my opponent who goes on to get an eagle for himself and pays me my 500 credits. 1 up and win the match -9 to -8.  My best round ever and the most white knuckled I have ever been on any golf course.

I still haven't got a request for a re match.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 9:06 AM

Danohi, whatever. So you got lucky.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 9:24 AM

Wow Richard, I didn't realize you'd been around since 1574!

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 1:16 PM

He might be even older than that.

Cant save shots in MPC how dumb is that

• TarheelsRule
    5,478 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 9:19 AM

Two aces in a row is pretty darn rare.  I had 2 in a round playing match play on Kiawah months ago #5 and #8, neither of which I could save since it was an 18 hole match play game.  I tend to think of an ace as an ace not a double eagle.

RSS