Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Login on Facebook v login on WGT

Sun, Jan 25 2015 11:11 AM (48 replies)
  • SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 4:40 AM

pjctas0822:
    What exactly are we who signed up using FB missing? I wont know its missing if I never had it. Can someone please explain why it is an advantage or better to sign up using the site directly as opposed to signing in using FB WGT App ? If it is a really big deal then WGT should be able to set our current account up so that we dont have to use FB to sign in at all right ? Mentioning to folks to start over sheeshhhh thought we had enough of that already LOL

I knew i was missing something when I received email notifications stating that "so and so posted on your wall".  I'm like "wall?  what is this wall they speak of?".  I didn't see a wall on mine, nor another players profile until i came to the forums as a guest and clicked on somebody's profile and saw their wall.  clicked on my profile and saw my wall.  Of course, i couldnt do anything with it because i was visiting as a guest.

The biggest thing for me is that You cant clean up your friends list because the option is not there.

and like you mentioned, im sure there are other things missing, but i dont know im missing them  :)

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 4:49 AM

WGTdbloshoe:

Don't believe there are any plans to change the way this works.  Adding features is a possibility, but if you signed up for your account through Facebook you will have to log in through Facebook.  I am not aware of any workarounds to this. 

- WGTdbloshoe

I dont think there is a request to "add" features per se.  Just would like to have the same capabilities as everyone else.

I also have to believe that one of the biggest growing segments of new users, if not the biggest, comes from facebook.  I see the "liked" portion for WGT has grown from 20k a few months ago to over 150k.  I'm sure that even a small percentage of those "likers" have went on to play WGT.  So that is a lot of money in WGT pockets so lets start 1) have wgt developers start to actually QA the facebook user experience.  and 2) make UI and logon seemless..  They shouldnt be two different things (unless there is some sort fo Facebook requirement to post ads, kickback $, etc.)

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 5:01 AM

Just tried it Jim.  no option to change password. 

LOL.  WGT makes it VERY clear that you are a Facebook member as this is on top of every page.

It appears that you already have an account to play WGT Golf on Facebook.
    You will not be able to use that same account to play World Golf Tour on www.WGT.com.
    Continue on WGT.com Go to WGT Golf on Facebook »

so like i mention in previous post.  WGT doesnt allow you to play directly from wgt.com.  The force you to come througgh facebook.  Why?  I'm curious..  When a new user comes via facebook, why not make them create an account on WGT or do it for them?

• daddd1
    171 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 5:42 AM

SplashLewis:

daddd1:

You are not missing anything.

You have been waaaay off in this thread.  no clue.  leave now. 

I am not a great believer in facebook or any other social network. Therefor I'm not missing anything!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 5:42 AM

Oy!. So sorry for your hassle, Splash. Looks like WGT's in bed good with Facebook and must be getting something for the numbers that play here through there. 

I wonder how they're going to work Twitter into the mix.  :-D

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 1:11 PM

YankeeJim:

Oy!. So sorry for your hassle, Splash. Looks like WGT's in bed good with Facebook and must be getting something for the numbers that play here through there. 

I wonder how they're going to work Twitter into the mix.  :-D

You are going to have to tweet the type of shot you want to hit.  Then I will go into the game hit the shot and tweet back the results.  I may be a little rusty though so... maybe a starter ball to start?

In terms of Facebook.  They have specific rules set up for games on their site.  The same goes for Apple and Android.

- WGTdbloshoe

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 2:39 PM

SplashLewis:

Just tried it Jim.  no option to change password. 

LOL.  WGT makes it VERY clear that you are a Facebook member as this is on top of every page.

It appears that you already have an account to play WGT Golf on Facebook.
    You will not be able to use that same account to play World Golf Tour on www.WGT.com.
    Continue on WGT.com Go to WGT Golf on Facebook »

so like i mention in previous post.  WGT doesnt allow you to play directly from wgt.com.  The force you to come througgh facebook.  Why?  I'm curious..  When a new user comes via facebook, why not make them create an account on WGT or do it for them?

Just tried logging in via facebook and it works.

From Wgt's facebook page... click play now at the top of page. This will bring you to the wgt login page.

I think Splash you are trying to sign into Wgt as a new account. Using your Wgt Login name and password    That's why that message comes out.

There is a very small...  very very small...  place to click   'already a member...  Login' where you can login as normal

-Roger

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Mon, Mar 10 2014 7:55 AM

The issue is not logging in.  Its what's available when you log in.  If you signed up to play WGT via Facebook ORIGINALLY, then you don't get all the bells and whistles.  Although Facebook has their "rules",  I seriously doubt restricting the ability to delete players from your friends list (amoung other thing) is one of them. lol

• MKridler
    157 Posts
    Thu, Mar 13 2014 4:44 PM

I signed up through Facebook and have the friends column on left with blog, activity and wall. I can do everything from my profile page like write blogs or check messages or accounts. I can block players, join games, and see my fiends status online, busy, or waiting to play. I dont know of any bells or whistles that i am missing by logging in through Facebook. I have been a member since June 2013, Level 81, Tour Master-67.2

• ESpence1
    156 Posts
    Fri, Mar 14 2014 7:18 AM

I have been playing about the same amount of time, June 2013.  I can not add or remove freinds, I can only reply to messages sent to me and I can not see anything on my Progile below freinds shown there, ie BLOG activity or Messages posted on the wall.  In the game lobby I can see freinds and current status.  I could get to the Country Club section to look for a CC.  The only way I found to join was through the forum posts of Clubs looking for members.

The other thing is If I eave the lobby area that loads when entering WGT from FB, example I go to look for another WGT Player and once done want to go to the Country Club Section I have to reload the lobby to get there.

RSS