Forums

Help › Forums

Login on Facebook v login on WGT

Sun, Jan 25 2015 11:11 AM (48 replies)
  • Ianzzz
    6,343 Posts
    Tue, Mar 4 2014 8:56 AM

Question.

If someone has always logged in via facebook and then finds that certain parts of the game - messages/friends list - are not working properly.....can they then log on direct to WGT instead?

Thanks

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Mar 4 2014 12:11 PM

No. It's crazy that facebook players miss out on a lot against others. It's best for them to quit and restart on WGT.com.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 4 2014 12:15 PM

courteneyfish:

No. It's crazy that facebook players miss out on a lot against others.

No??  Of course you can. Just go to www.wgt.com directly.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Mar 4 2014 12:19 PM

It's not that easy Jim. 

More here.193069.aspx?PageIndex=1

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 4 2014 1:26 PM

How hard is it to just log in directly with your user name and password? Forget using Facebook and all those problems go away. 

The OP's question was could you log in directly and the answer is yes.

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Tue, Mar 4 2014 4:19 PM

YankeeJim:

How hard is it to just log in directly with your user name and password? Forget using Facebook and all those problems go away. 

The OP's question was could you log in directly and the answer is yes.

The context of the question is can they (me included) log in directly and get all of the bells and whistles and the answer is NO.   I mean cmon Jim, if it was that simple, you'd think people would be posting about it??   Obviously by your tenure (and answer), you didnt sign up via facebook.

When you go to WGT directly and input your login that you created via facebook, it takes you through the facebook portal.  Of course you dont have direct wgt login, so if you create one, you wont be connected to your profile which you've infested a lot of time and money in,  

Trust me, if i (and others) had heard of WGT and were interested, we would have signed up on wgt.com directly.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 4 2014 4:33 PM

What happens when you type SplashLewis and your password in the log in box? I just logged out and back in by using my Facebook log in and didn't see anything not working.

I had a friend that played here for 6 months but always came through the Golf Channel link. He didn't know you could go directly to the site. He signed up through the GC.

Could this maybe be a privacy setting thing?

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 4:42 AM

"Invalid login. Please try again"

Maybe it works for you because you signed up via wgt.com initially?  dont know

• daddd1
    171 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 5:49 AM

I have comodo & I signed in originally thru www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx, Then I bookmarked the page, I never sign out, just click the X. Works every time. I still can use facebook to sign in, but thats a hassle I don't need.

I have www.wgt.com/home.aspx bookmarked also, get homepage there.

RSS