Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Testing some Tourneys for Legends

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 14 2010 9:36 PM (38 replies)
  • WGTSky
    223 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 7:46 PM

Some really thoughtful feedback here on the test of Legend Only Tournaments.  Thanks guys, it's very much appreciated and will help to inform the conversation here at WGT.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 7:52 PM

WGTSky:
    Some really thoughtful feedback here on the test of Legend Only Tournaments.  Thanks guys, it's very much appreciated and will help to inform the conversation here at WGT.

Legend-only tournaments are not going to stop sandbaggers from raking in dough in the normal RG's.

I sincerely hope that you guys have looked over my recommendations for an anti-sandbagging algorithm, because that is the only thing that is going to solve your problems.

That said, I understand that you guys are probably going to take further action than just the legend-only tournies... or at least that's what many of us are hoping.

• bryan24
    68 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 9:16 PM

i have been thinking this over and it seems to me that creating legends only ready go's is an admissison by WGT that they screwed up a bit when they pushed legends tees way back without giving them any equipment to handle it.  I really don't see a need for legends only tournies . I only see a need for a legends only driver or legends only balls that get more distance . 

the game is becoming more and more "not fun" with every bogey, double bogey and lost ball. hoping WGT can find a simple way back to the "fun" days we used to have.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 10:00 PM

I have to agree completely with Bryan on this one. Also when you decide to fix it, make damn sure we can buy the club and not be locked out until we get to level 60.

• JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 11:29 PM

i'm sry guys,but i don't see the point of having a longer driver. the challenge of being a legend is to make the game a bit harder. i can shoot just as bad(or good) from the girlie T's lol,it's up to my putter ;-)

Mr(wishhewas)Alba

p.s. my only gripe about the rg's are some may have tailwinds on par 5's(and17etc) and some get stuck with headwinds :(

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Sep 12 2010 3:26 PM

Amateur making money in RG's... lol.

http://www.wgt.com/tournaments/leaderboard.aspx?ID=0ca91aff-88a8-4097-ba63-9def01199b6b

The top 11 are 4 legends (imcoola, tbird, ncviz, and myself), and 7 masters.

I shanked one shot, so I should've shot a 31, but yes, that is an amateur, right there... one stroke behind me.  Judging from his performances, I'd say he's an ok player, but not great.  Probably a 67-68 master, pre-changes.

7th place finish, tied with yoban, beating legends bryan24, restorethis, carlos415, ironking34, GoldCard, and others: http://www.wgt.com/tournaments/leaderboard.aspx?ID=48fce897-e373-4a11-8fd0-9dee016edb61

13th-place finish: http://www.wgt.com/tournaments/leaderboard.aspx?ID=82da0e1b-1e59-4f30-bf8a-9dee014ce79f

In MPC, he has defeated legend, Kevin Mosley, amongst others.

And he's just getting started.  He's only level 10.  Wait until he starts hitting level 20-30, which will probably be in about 5 days.  He is going to own every single RG, assuming he's smart enough to stay on the amateur tees.

I give RG's two weeks before they are completely unplayable by even the best legends.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 11:04 AM

p

• rustan
    66 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 6:05 PM

Unless im doing something wrong, there are no scores posted for legends games in past games. Is there a reason for this ???

I feel the pain of a tougher games and thats ok so long as we are playing players with similar ability or difficulty levels.

But if we are asked to put $$ up to play RGs with little chance of a top finish is just not on.

This would be the same feeling when in previous Rgs Pro or Am players where being left behind by Master players

If we are asked again to buy better clubs to compete then how far does it go. 350yard drivers??, i dont know this would be the answer or unrealistic.

Maybe a legends only country club

• hoochlah
    81 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 9:36 PM

just check out pretty much any ready go now and you will have someone whos been on site for 5 days or so placing top 10 or better. why not have a cooling off period for new accounts so that they cant play credit matches till a certain time period or level reached or both? this will stop older/more experienced members making a new account just to get into credit matches. its pretty easy to see whos already had an account here - just look at their scores lol - and mostly they dont play skill challenges like the real newbies - just credit matches and the odd ranked round thrown in.

RSS