Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Newbies solution to legends problems?

Thu, Sep 9 2010 10:29 AM (4 replies)
  • reelemin
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 2:19 AM

hey my 1st post! 

having read several justifed posts on the subject a simple solution seems obvious to me, but could be rubbish or too hard to do. anyways, here goes.

the meter reader on highend clubs should have a limiter on the back swing, so a master, has say 10-15-20%? less backswing than a legend with the same club.  depending on percentage thats anywhere between 20 and 50 yards or more. you still have the feel, spin etc of a great club to make it worthwhile to own. as u progress, your backswing progesses with you.

eg; a legend drives 320, a tour master (same club ball wind etc) @ 10% less hits 288, a master @ 10% less again hits 260 aprox.

my 2cents anyway, throw me a line, invite me 2 a game (i need the advice), chuck me some old clubs (lol). most of all, have fun.

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:48 AM

That's a great idea I think. Or another way to do it:

A red-line 'overhit' where the swing meter goes faster back but the ball goes further (maybe the tolerance and accuracy reduce a bit too the more you 'red-line it'). The higher your tier the more you can overhit. That should be a feature of woods, hybrids and 3 irons too.

Make it so WGT!!!!

(might have to put it in the suggestions forum. maybe a link to this thread would be enough.)

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:55 AM

No, no! Not the red-line thing! It would take me back to the bad old days of that Windows golf game ... RIP ... what was it even called ... Ah, Links, that was it.

• VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 10:17 AM

LOL. It seems i've resurected a traumatic memory. Sorry about that.

But I'm sure WGT could implement it carefully and sensib....

.... err actually, on second thoughts. :D

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 10:29 AM

Good idea for us, bad idea for WGT.

WGT can't profit from it. If they could though, you bet your bottom dollar it would be implemented by weeks end.

RSS