Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Has anyone noticed....

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 8 2010 6:00 PM (7 replies)
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 11:41 PM

Most of the complaining about the new system of tiers and levels are coming from the newest players. Notably the ones who cherry picked there rounds on the easy courses.

I see a legit complaint about needing a better driver for the back tees. But some of you are there before you really were ready. A true legend is so good that me as a tour master would still have to play my *** off to compete. It does equal the field somewhat as I have noticed in ready goes where players of near equal levels are matched up.. ( I like that) winning scores are a little more in line with reality.

I am struggling to learn the tourney green speeds, but IM starting to get my distance control together. The break of the greens now is more pronounced as the ball goes slower past the hole. Not unfair, just more realistic IMO.

The changes are forcing players to learn course managment.

Those that want to complain about the built in deviations have to realize, Ity happens to all of us equally. The better you handle this programmed deviation The better you will score.

The purpose of this post is not to start another flame war..IM just saying.

• shakyjon
    87 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 5:54 AM

You bring up some pretty good points there.  Every tournament being won with a 58 isn't just realistic in real life, it's almost unheard of.  A real life round in the 50s is so rare, that one of them gets major ESPN attention, not to mention Fox Sports and the Golf Channel, especially if it's done by Tiger, Lefty, or Vijay.  To me, the game got more realistic.

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 10:16 AM

shakyjon:

You bring up some pretty good points there.  Every tournament being won with a 58 isn't just realistic in real life, it's almost unheard of.  A real life round in the 50s is so rare, that one of them gets major ESPN attention, not to mention Fox Sports and the Golf Channel, especially if it's done by Tiger, Lefty, or Vijay.  To me, the game got more realistic.

link please?

I have never seen lefty or tiger be thrown back 50 yards from players who are just as capable as them.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 12:40 PM

BirdieButton:

shakyjon:

link please?

I have never seen lefty or tiger be thrown back 50 yards from players who are just as capable as them.

This is true birdie.. Look at WGTS upcoming product release-----> New clubs are on there way..remember this is a beta program..lol(still? after 2 years).

Yes it is an advantage right now as a legend playing a good tour master for the master..hang in there, let them sort it out.

• shakyjon
    87 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 5:32 PM

BirdieButton:

link please?

Had you comprehended what I wrote, it was about the rarity of rounds in the 50s.  Tournaments are won with rounds in the 60s.  Now, tourneys are being won with 63-65, not 58-59.  I said nothing about distance.

• blkshp88
    3 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 6:00 PM

Well if they want this to be more real the wind should be more constant. You play 20 ranked rounds and the wind is from 4 to 15 mph. Play tournaments the wind is from 15 to 31 mph every time. I know real  tournaments are played on windy days only................... 

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 9:06 PM

comprehend quite well thx,   you are OK  with throwing players back from others just as capable with same equipment

the release was an epic win for you because the scoring went up,

Lol.

• shakyjon
    87 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 2:24 AM

Not really a win, birdie, as my avg went from 69 to 72.  I play with a lot of tour masters and which means playing on the tournament greens.  Truly, I am sorry about the disrespect there. 

RSS