Forums

Help › Forums

State of the WGT address

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 6 2010 4:59 PM (0 replies)
  • sylverhare75
    44 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 4:59 PM

Normally I would not make a post such as this, but none the less here it is... Now before the insults and sarcastic comments ensue please read thoroughly... I have enjoyed the game tremendously... With all its quirks { meter.. deviations... errant shots}... But what I have not really enjoied are the forums here as of late... Now mind you .. I am not the best player of the game or the  brightest  at posting in the forums...

OK.. on the heart of this post... I play the game because I choose to, not becaused I am forced to... I read the forums because I choose to, not because I am forced to... Although I am starting to get tired of the same non-helpful, blatantly sarcastic and outright discourteous forum posts that have seem to be the norm of 'state of the game' {forum} lately... i understand that the most recent changes and or updates have set some on edge... I can {sort of} understand the want to express opinions {good, bad and indifferent} in the threads that grace the forums... All I ask {and am sure that i am not the only one} ... Please be just a bit more civil in the matter... After all.. Golf is supposed to be a "Gentlemen's and Gentlewomen's {<is that even a word???} game... A debate is a good thing when conducted in a civil and organized manner.... But attacking others just  because their opinion differs is not quite right...

I have been following a certain topic {well several topics} ... With that i say .. Just allow the extended weekend finish and let those whom are in charge take the appropriate actions to try and remedy the current state of matters....

I have seen the multiple resonses about the newest changes to the leveling and tier catagories... I myself after seeing the the views posted can see how some things could be set to make the advancement be more acceptable... This suggestion may not please all parties involved but it could simplify progression... Hack/Amature would remain unchanged... Pro as it sits.. TourPro from white tees/very fast green... Master as is... TourMaster blue tees/ tournament{championship} greens... Legend {after EARNING the status} black tees / tournament {champ} greens... a stepping stone for each progression thru the ranks... {waits for the groans and gripes... <pauses>.. thank you..}... Seems simple enough... The level rating is one thing I cannot figure out... As it sits now, a new player could progress thru the Tiers and levels equally, making the level system work correctly {unlocking new proshop items accordingly} with learned skill from play... hack for hack.. Am for Am .. Pro for Pro.. Master for Master... And when it does arrive.. the new Legend Tier items {if those do come along ... ***** not an insider press leak}.... As most should see... Pro shop equipment set for each Tier, that is appropriate for each player at his/her tier...

<hmmmm> ... lost my train of thought... ohh well.. can always edit later...

RSS