Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hole nos #4 and #10 on Kiawah

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 5 2010 8:20 AM (2 replies)
  • omnigross266
    19 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 8:34 PM

Many a good round of mine has been ruined by these holes. Please help me on what to do here.

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 7:10 AM

On hole 4 you you ideally want to be getting your tee shot to be as far left on the fairway as you dare, as this gives the best chance of getting on the green in 2 shots. For the second shot, it's most likely you'll need to try and run the ball onto the green from the left front, and if you've judged the speed well it'll curl round to give you at least a chance of a putt for a birdie, and if lucky a very good one.

If you're lucky enough to be far enough up the fairway, and the wind is favourable, it is possible to try and land the ball on the green, but that's a very tough shot to get right.

With hole 10, if I remember it correctly, your second shot is downhill, so this is another one where the best chance is to allow the ball to roll up onto the green. Attempting to land on the green unless you've got the wind in your face generally means you'll go off the back of the green. If you get unlucky with the first bounce though, it's possible to stick on the slope at the front of the green, although the shot from there is one of the easier pitch shots on Kiawah.

• omnigross266
    19 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 8:20 AM

Thanks a lot man. That was really helpful.

RSS