Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Uneven Lies Ryder Cup proposal

Fri, Feb 21 2014 9:44 AM (383 replies)
  • jimbech
    61 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 4:26 PM

If today is a serious possibility, then we better start now. Crown says it will take over an hour. 

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 4:43 PM

Corwyn:

E :: The overlap for the 4 of you is weekdays and the weekend, between 1-4am UTC (5pm-8pm WGT time). 

oneeyedjohn: your window of 8-11am local time.

Bonalyau: your window of 9-noon local time.

ColumbusStorm: your window of 8-11pm local time.

jimbech: your window of 5-8pm local time.

Let's try to play our match 20 minutes from the time I post this.

Otherwise we will have to wait another 48 hours.

• jimbech
    61 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 4:50 PM

I can do this (play at 5PM today ) but have a hard stop at 6:15, giving us an hour and 15 minutes. 

can play 6-8PM fri or anytime sunday

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 5:09 PM

ColumbusStorm:

Corwyn:

E :: The overlap for the 4 of you is weekdays and the weekend, between 1-4am UTC (5pm-8pm WGT time). 

oneeyedjohn: your window of 8-11am local time.

Bonalyau: your window of 9-noon local time.

ColumbusStorm: your window of 8-11pm local time.

jimbech: your window of 5-8pm local time.

Let's try to play our match 20 minutes from the time I post this.

Otherwise we will have to wait another 48 hours.

see jimbech post above. If we don't play within 5 minutes from now, then 

we will play 73 hours from now.  (3 days and 1 hour).

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 5:12 PM

I see 3 of you green, but not OneEye. I just sent him PM in case he's around but not visible...

Hope you can make it work!  (but to fit it in in just 1 hr sounds unlikely... if you do start, make sure and get scorecard captures as you go along in case it's an interrupted match)

ColumbusStorm:
    If we don't play within 5 minutes from now, then we will play 73 hours from now.  (3 days and 1 hour).

73 hrs from now would be Friday at 6pm for Jim, Friday at 9pm for Russ, Saturday at 9am for John, and Saturday at 10am for Jean... if that helps!

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 5:56 PM

OK, one more question, please explain what screen shots you want, and from whom.

Thanks

Gary (woodo)

• SilentOmegaWolf
    349 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 5:56 PM

Cygnus3000:

Corwyn:

ROW Team                  vs                    USA

D ::        stevereilly & WigerToods2010          Cygnus3000 & SilentOmegaWolf   

D :: The only overlap for the 4 of you is the weekend, between 8-midnight UTC (12 noon-4pm WGT time), assuming that 'possible' window can work for Steve. Cygnus can't play Sunday before his 3pm, so suggest you try for Saturday first.

stevereilly & WigerToods2010: your window of 8-midnight local time.

Cygnus3000 & SilentOmegaWolf: your window of 3-7pm local time. 

stevereilly:

Johnny (Wiger),  Jon (SilentOmegaWolf)  and Dave (Cygnus)  I'll be around at 8pm this Saturday and will set the game.

All set here.

this time should work for me.  

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2014 6:51 PM

Woodoworkery:
    OK, one more question, please explain what screen shots you want, and from whom.

We need the Scorecard! For the first 2 series, that will be just the 9-hole scorecard, but when it comes to singles it would be great to have both 9s.

I'd love to see Stats too... I find they're always fascinating, to give a picture of how everyone achieved their score. But that's not required. Please share them if it's easy though.

And if you really want to 'tell the story' of your round, do what Russ did here with this wk1 match (click on the name or arrow beside each player on the scorecard, and you get the full details of their Fairways/GIR/Putting etc).

Please have each Playing Pair designate one of them to be the screenshot person. That way there's a backup from the other team. Let's say it's the job of the winning team to post the scorecard, but it's also the responsibility of the screenshot person on the losing team to capture it, and keep it until the result and card have been posted here in the forum thread.

There is no need for any in-game shots, as there are no equipment restrictions, and if someone forgets to set up the match with UEL, you're all going to notice and restart!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2014 4:03 AM

Corwyn:

Corwyn:
    ROW Team                  vs                    USA

C ::        Corwyn & Dazza501                           natemakesaholein & devonnnnn

C :: The only overlap for the 4 of you is weekdays, between 6-8:30pm UTC (10am-12:30pm WGT time). 

Corwyn's window of 10am-12:30pm local time.

Dazza: your window of 6-8:30pm local time.

natemakesaholein & devonnnnn: your window of 1-3:30pm local time.

I've PM'd Darren, Nate, and Devon (gosh I wish it worked to do a multi-recipient PM... anyone know if there's a trick to making it work?)...

... but perhaps it's easier anyway to confirm things here.

Given that Devon is working Thursday, and Darren can't play Mondays, this match has just two possible days that can work: Wednesday and Friday this week.

Can we aim for tomorrow, Wednesday 1/29, at 6:00pm Darren's time / 1pm Nate & Devon's time (keeping Friday as fall-back)?

Darren, does it work for you to start at 6pm: it was a 'possible' on your signup?

DAZZA501:
    All good for me.

So Devon and Nate... does Wednesday 1/29 at your 1pm work for you (6hrs from the time of this post)? 

There's been no response by either of you to this forum post or to the PMs I sent Monday night (and you both declined an attempt I made yesterday when you were green to invite you to confirm in the lobby). I just need to know if we're on for today or not. Thanks!

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2014 4:16 AM

My pm's must not be working. I thought i sent 2-3 back to you. As of now I can't play today (Wednesday) and I got called into work. Friday still looks good for me. 

RSS