Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Uneven Lies Ryder Cup proposal

Fri, Feb 21 2014 9:44 AM (383 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2014 2:32 PM

Hi John,

I just want to clarify for everyone's benefit, that for this tourney, there is NO selection process going on. Ever since we decided not to have qualification it has always been first-come, first-served. 

Russ and I have been hammering out our thoughts on guidelines for using alternates, since we really want to avoid any suggestions of either team taking advantage. I'm sorry that it's so happened that it appears as if the ROW team is getting a benefit of having Priestess participate, but that team had lost 2 players completely, and 1 for the first week due to the rescheduling.

Here's our policy:  since the tourney is set up as first-come, first-served, then it's the first 12 players that are available that get placed. In ROW's case, we are missing fmagnets in week1 due to the earlier playing of the tourney. We've already brought our first 2 alternates (signups #13 oneeye, and #14 bonalyau) into full action in the team, and are having to call on #15 Priestess for one week.

A team can use alternates (in order of signup) when necessary, but not when desired (i.e. not just because you want a stronger player in there).

Since the 12 players have to be chosen in order of sign-up, I added a column to the Timesheet to indicate that order, and I've been maintaining the team pool list in order throughout the forum thread as players have joined. 

So... there will be no "stepping aside" to let Priestess play, however tempting that is!

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2014 2:59 PM

Looks good on my end.

• Wesdogg75
    2,431 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2014 2:59 PM

Per your message Corwyn, looks like my availabilty chart is correct sir

Wes

• deedles77
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2014 4:32 PM

ty Cor as it is i think im gd to go

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2014 4:40 PM

Time chart: confirmative.

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2014 5:30 PM

Looks fine to me.

This thursday and saturday I am working so I wont be on WGT then. I also worked today as well.

• jimbech
    61 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2014 6:29 PM

i've never heard of "worst ball". Is there a short description?

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2014 7:11 PM

Looks good to go for me.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2014 8:12 PM

Thanks everyone for your responses!

Well, now I know why for the real Ryder Cup, they gather all the golfers in the same place at the same time, lol!

I have spent much of the day wrestling with the scheduling. We went through a process whereby the US captains (Russ and Doug), and my ROW co-captain (Steve) provided the 'secret envelope' list of their pairings, and I attempted to line them up together, but every which way I tried to make them match didn't work.

It was actually stunning to see how hard it is to make the scheduling work, even with all this pre-preparation and 2 of the four players already known to overlap.

Nonetheless, I believe I have a line-up that will work. I just need confirmation from one player that his 'possible' time can actually work this Saturday.

I will share the full line-up here asap, along with suggested days/times, and then let you initiate Friend Requests and final confirmations between yourselves.

Thank you for your patience!

Corwyn

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2014 11:17 PM

Corwyn:
    I believe I have a line-up that will work. I just need confirmation from one player that his 'possible' time can actually work this Saturday.

I will share the full line-up here asap...

I'm going to go ahead and post the line-up now, just to keep things moving along rapidly (if there is a problem with Steve's 'possible' availability, I'll make the necessary changes).

Here is our line-up for the 1st week Worst-Ball Matches, to be completed by Mon 3rd Feb:  see Chart here

ROW Team                  vs                    USA

A ::        jsweetcr & LOLserver                          KyRock75 & iconian

B ::        Daskino & Priestess                            deedles77 & woodoworkery

C ::        Corwyn & Dazza501                           natemakesaholein & devonnnnn

D ::        stevereilly & WigerToods2010          Cygnus3000 & SilentOmegaWolf      

E ::        oneeyedjohn & Bonalyau                  ColumbusStorm & jimbech

F ::         johehejo & FairwayRuepel68           wesdogg75 & bhoese

Suggested dates/times for Matches:

A :: The only overlap for the 4 of you is the weekend, between 8-11pm UTC (12 noon-3pm WGT time). Rock has occasional Saturday work so that might determine the matter, but otherwise please plan for Saturday (with Sunday as fall-back if needed).

jsweetcr: your window of 2-5pm local time.

LOLserver: your window of 9pm-midnight local time.

KyRock75 & iconian: your window of 3-6pm local time. 

B :: The only overlap for the 4 of you is weekdays, between 4-7pm UTC (8am-11am WGT time). 

Daskino: your window of 5-8pm local time.

Priestess: your window of 4-7pm local time.

deedles77: your window of 11am-2pm local time.

woodoworkery: your window of 10am-1pm local time.

C :: The only overlap for the 4 of you is weekdays, between 6-8:30pm UTC (10am-12:30pm WGT time). 

Corwyn's window of 10am-12:30pm local time.

Dazza: your window of 6-8:30pm local time.

natemakesaholein & devonnnnn: your window of 1-3:30pm local time.

D :: The only overlap for the 4 of you is the weekend, between 8-midnight UTC (12 noon-4pm WGT time), assuming that 'possible' window can work for Steve. Cygnus can't play Sunday before his 3pm, so suggest you try for Saturday first.

stevereilly & WigerToods2010: your window of 8-midnight local time.

Cygnus3000 & SilentOmegaWolf: your window of 3-7pm local time. 

E :: The overlap for the 4 of you is weekdays and the weekend, between 1-4am UTC (5pm-8pm WGT time). 

oneeyedjohn: your window of 8-11am local time.

Bonalyau: your window of 9-noon local time.

ColumbusStorm: your window of 8-11pm local time.

jimbech: your window of 5-8pm local time.

F :: The overlap for the 4 of you is the weekend, between 5-11pm UTC (10am-3pm WGT time). 

johehejo & FairwayRuepel68: your window of 6pm-midnight local time.

wesdogg75 & bhoese: your window of 11am-5pm local time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What to do next?

Send Friend Requests to your playing partner and your opponents from the other team. Either use this forum thread to confirm your matches via public replies (please quote this post and any relevant replies to make it easier to track), or do it all via PMs. [Note though that many people are having trouble with PMs recently, so follow up to make sure messages received, and always post here in the thread so we know you are scheduled.]

This tourney will not work if you rely on just 'catching your partner and opponents green' -- you must schedule a specific time and date, and be there at that time!

Note that you will be keeping the Matchplay score as you go via the chat: the winning team per hole is the one whose Worst-Ball of the 2 players is the lowest.

Please set up the week 1 Worst-Ball matches as follows:

Merion :: Strokeplay :: Practice Mode :: Front 9 :: Easy Pins :: Orange (Hard) tees :: Tournament Green speed :: High wind :: Uneven Lies :: 90 second timer

The ROW team (as reigning Virtual Ryder Cup champions) have the honor, and so should set up the matches and be the first pair to tee off.

Please designate one player per match (per team as backup) to capture and share scorecard screenshots in the forum thread. Note that there can be an A/S result, which will mean 1/2 point to each team.

Any questions, please ask here!

Thanks, and good luck to everyone, Corwyn

P.S. I will add a full post on the opening page of the thread tomorrow, containing format details for the whole tourney, and with a cross-reference to this post.

RSS