Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Need some better drivers

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 8 2010 9:54 AM (22 replies)
  • Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:51 AM

I think what bugs me about the levelled equipment is that i dont already have it. It would have been fairer to raise each players level to the requirement that the clubs dictate to own them. I owned a master driver before the change so why cant i own the true master driver now?

New players should have to rank up through the level system but those of us who have played and invested to get where we are should have had that recognised.

As i see it the crucial thing about levelled equipment, from wgt's point of view, is that it requires us all to play a shedload of rounds and spend a fair amount of money to get it.

As it is it just feels that wgt are exploiting their loyal customers in order to make even more profit.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 6:10 AM

PugsAce:

Soulcatcher:

overthetop2:

Adjusted, they said nothing of an outright improvement...

True, but it does show there is some difference.....we just don't know what it is.

I think there may be some "misconstrueing" goin' on here...

I, too remember it being mentioned that (even as far back as the announcement that an update was imminent) it was mentioned that "... some golf equipment will continue to be designed for beginners and other for experts, in terms of factors like swing meter speed and forgiveness."

But I don't believe this means that the existing equipment's performance attributes will change... at least not without a name-change, or some other way of seperating the two similar items.

Just as this was said...    "We are not planning to make changes to any of the golf equipment that players have previously won or purchased. Everything that was in your WGT bag will still be there, with the same name, and perform the same as it did before."    ... I doubt they'd make any changes to the existing equipment being offered in the pro-shop. That would be ludicrous as well as highly inflammatory!

Currently, there are no differences shown between (for example) the two SuperTri offerings in the pro-shop.

Pro shop SuperTri Comparison Image

Image Zoom

Perhaps, what was meant, is that Completely NEW equipment will have different meter speeds, etc... adjusted to the level of the purchaser.

*A WGT mod should clear this up, as a misunderstanding of this magnitude could cause unnecessary uproar.

**sorry bout image links... trying "Jing", but pic insertion isn't clear to me yet.  :/

Long week-end's over... hope everyone had an enjoyable Labor Day...

Back to business... looking forward to an official WGT reply to address these concerns.

TIA

• Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 9:54 AM

I've read both threads and it seems quite plain that there will be a slowing down of the meter to make the drivers easier to hit. Those of us who have already invested in our "master equipment" will find them inferior to the new clubs and have to decide if we buy again or go forward with what we have.

It also seems that the new drivers are a replacement club not an additional choice, which would be OK in my book as they are more expensive, but doing it this way feels like a slap in the face to customers who have already shown commitment to the game and handed over their cash.

Lets face it having to buy new clubs every few months looks like a great business model as long as you don't take into account customer relations. 

RSS