Help › Forums

Re: Weekly single play tournaments.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:08 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • cassidy2
    6 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 6:39 AM

Can someone please explain to me why after playing this game for 8 month's , I now do not qualify for the weekly single plays as a tour pro?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 6:43 AM

Don't feel bad, cassidy. Tour Masters can't play in them either. What is up with that? Did WGT maybe rush this latest update out?

• rowan76
    21 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 6:56 AM

I'm getting the message saying my tier does not qualify me for any of the tournaments?!?!

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 6:59 AM

Same here as a Tour Pro. Looks like the tournaments are based on the old tiers, so those who have moved to a "middle" tier can't enter any tournaments. Bit disappointing. But at least the CTTH work. And I suppose Ready Go for those who are good enough to not just throw money at WGT in them.

• cassidy2
    6 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:12 AM

I've been awfully loyal to the WGT. I've invited many friends to the site and now this. I think I'm done with the WGT.

• rossbr4
    57 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:22 AM

cassidy2:
    I've been awfully loyal to the WGT. I've invited many friends to the site and now this. I think I'm done with the WGT.

Wow...really? Maybe you should give a little time for the new updates to set in. Maybe a week or so.  Don't just jump to conclusions here.  My guess would be that next week you will be competing against players in your own tier in the weekly tournaments.  Everything is sort-of messed up this week I would believe, so why doesn't everyone calm down.  And besides if people don't enjoy challenges maybe this game isn't right for them.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:34 AM

Implementing a new system in the middle of currently open tournaments was probably not a great idea, or maybe a simple oversight.

Seems like the only option would have been to let current tourneys play out, and to delay starting new ones until after the update....

Now we wouldn't have been to happy about that either!

But it would have instilled confidence that WGT knew what they were doing!

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:37 AM

same here...tour master and i can't enter any weekly tournaments.  even CTTH for september it says my tier doesn't qualify me for.

i'm guessing this is just a bug...if not, how do players get eligible???

• hesomist
    62 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:52 AM

Legend here, and I can't enter tourneys either.  The weekly unlimited I entered yesterday is still allowing me in, but I can't sign up for new ones.  Even the September 18-hole unlimited.  Think they would have made the new monthly tournaments coincide with the new tiers since the upgrade was made on the 1st of the month...

I'm going to just keep playing though.  They'll get it fixed sooner than later.

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:08 AM

Ah, okay. I was wondering about this myself today when I logged on. When I saw the "your current tier" message I was a little confused. I thought to myself "did I really play that badly yesterday to get busted down?!?"...lol.

Hopefully an oversight on WGT's part and it will be fixed by next week. In the meantime I can still play in my CC's tourny's.

I'm a little baffled that I have  a bag full of clubs that my current level wouldn't allow me to purchase in the new system. It's going to be really hard for new people to improve thier game I think.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• PAGES
RSS