Help › Forums

Re: Master Tier = £30 on new clubs a must

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 22 2010 3:31 AM (28 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 12:17 PM

SweetiePie:
    It is a fact of life..it is very boring here. Mr.WGT, who is, I perceive, to be smart with geek crap, is neverless stupid regarding what the average player wants. It's all about what he wants, and he is arrogant and quite misguided in much of the direction of this game in terms of what players want. It's seems to be a subject of growth in matuerity...I'm sick of all of the mistakes MrWGT continues to make. He doesn't know where he is going.

You know this how?

What does the average player want?

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 1:01 PM

average player wants to protect, cuddle, inflate, massage, etc etc, ego, so that some brilliant enterpernuers (WGT no discredit/disrepect intended) can make us all go "mad" ie uncontrollable cursing, throwing clubs (if I had a real one in my hands at the time meter implodes),kicking dog, neglecting wife when she gives me a wink, not answering phone, door, want a drink, toke, shot of heroin.--LOL  MrWGT make "mistakes" Ha! We golfers are the ones which make mistakes thinking "golf is a game to be WON not played" No disrespect toward you or your thread YankeeJ. I guess I needed to vent.  feel so much better now I think I'll cancel my appointment w/Dr Feelgood  opd

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 1:31 PM

Free? They charge a monthly fee and if it's as bad as it was when  I played it any price would be too high!

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 1:35 PM

YankeeJim:

SweetiePie:
    It is a fact of life..it is very boring here. Mr.WGT, who is, I perceive, to be smart with geek crap, is neverless stupid regarding what the average player wants. It's all about what he wants, and he is arrogant and quite misguided in much of the direction of this game in terms of what players want. It's seems to be a subject of growth in matuerity...I'm sick of all of the mistakes MrWGT continues to make. He doesn't know where he is going.

You know this how?

What does the average player want?

It depends on what you are calling the average player. Some "God forbid" want it as easy as TWO. I just want to play and maybe make a few friends. A few new courses would be great but as I know how expensive those thousands of photos are I am willing to play the 4 stroke play courses and the CTTH courses and wait and see what happens.

• RyjaTybas
    5,142 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 1:40 PM

Actually its not that expensive - especially with the pro/master sale now on! Today, for £10, I bought a full pro set (WGT) and a splendid new putter (redwood) - and it really is a lot better - and I've got credits to spare. So I would recommend a modest outlay to increase your fun!

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 1:45 PM
    shops only haves sales because they want to off load old stock before the new stuff arrives. might be a waste of time upgrading clubs if new ones coming soon.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 3:53 PM

plim:
    might be a waste of time upgrading clubs if new ones coming soon.

This is true unless you know you're not going to be in the loftier levels. Those that have the minimums or a little more might now be able to score 3 wedges for the price of a survey. A  putter for another survey and so on. 

@btb-You nailed it and for that reason it looks like MrWGT isn't so stupid after all. Heh-not to mention the fact that he's travelling on the company's dime, having the time of his life and making a crapload of people happy here. Doesn't sound so stupid to me.

• shneady
    17 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 1:20 PM

johnloaves:

Valrec love your work

i belong to another group..made master, took my time, became a good av player

now i just log on to read forums,,i find the game boring

i play a couple a week hoping for the excitement to kick in lol

cheers john

This is the problem for wgt.

They need to get back to basics, implement all the features they have been promising since forever and add a load more courses and add variables to each round you play, like pin positions wind wet weather etc. keep people interested.

The only thing that players are guaranteed at the moment is that when they think they have hit a perfect shot it will go nowhere near where it should have gone.

They want everyone to spend a load of money on promises and a game than is nothing more than eye candy at the moment, it just isnt going to happen, so rather than spend a load of time coming up with incentives for us to spend the cash they should spend that time developing the game more.

• shneady
    17 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2010 3:31 AM

plim:
    shops only haves sales because they want to off load old stock before the new stuff arrives. might be a waste of time upgrading clubs if new ones coming soon.

Absolutely right going on the current business model that wgt implement.

Upgrade your clubs now and when all the new stuff arrives you will need to upgrade again, it just gets worse.

wgt just take take and take.

get the game out of beta ffs.

RSS