Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Daytona Or Redwood ZB (pro)

Sat, Aug 21 2010 2:17 PM (24 replies)
  • overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Wed, Aug 18 2010 11:22 PM

Thoughts on the Daytona:

I'm having a bit of trouble dinging it constantly so i'm glad i didn't pick the even faster redwood.  Apart from that though, the 15ft scale helps short distance putts (a bit, the 2 and a half movements kinda offset it) and the 90ft would presumably help you get it close from further out.  I'm still getting used to it, so no big improvements to my putting yet, but i'll get there. 

PROS for both the Rossa and the Redwood:

High precision rating should keep the beast at bay on the green.

Mishits roll a lot truer than the 2 dot forgiveness implies.

90ft scale helps with putts that are too long for 60ft, but too short for 150.

CONS:

Faster meter than the default putters.  Will take some time to get used to this faster putter but should score well once i do.

• ligerwoods62
    10 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 4:46 AM

I bought the redwood putter as a pro and i still use it as a master.  it's a great fit for me and i can't see the daytona being as good.  i don't plan to buy the master redwood because im so comfortable with the pro version and i hardly ever 3 putt.  it's all about what you think has a better feel.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 8:15 PM

I bought the Daytona yesterday as a Pro, upgrading from starter putter. It is definitely better, no doubts there, but the faster meter means I'm so far putting worse than before. Glad I didn't buy the Redwood as the meter is even faster.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 12:34 AM

Pangaea:

I bought the Daytona yesterday as a Pro, upgrading from starter putter. It is definitely better, no doubts there, but the faster meter means I'm so far putting worse than before. Glad I didn't buy the Redwood as the meter is even faster.

Stick with it, it'll improve your game =)

• borntobesting
    9,626 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 2:17 PM

TextMyPC:

The Master Redwood is, of course, the best putter in the game but as I have said several times, it's severely overpriced for the minor differences between the Rossa and the Redwood.

Honestly, the Rossa can accomplish equal results for a lot less dough. The only reason to purchase the master Redwood is for bragging rights alone.

Putting relies somewhat on the club and but heavily on reading the green. I've seen and continue to see masters using a very low priced putter with very low averages.

In closing, if you can't putt with a low priced putter, a higher priced club won't make any difference. The problem is most likely in your read of the green.

TMPC

I bought it the day before yesterday with the 25% off sale. Still expensive but looks like it might be worth it. I sold my Rapture driver,Rapture irons and Pro Redwood putter and almost made enough from the sale to pay for the Master redwood. The Raptures were just sitting in my bag going unused anyway.

RSS