Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Mis-hits on "Excellent" swings?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 30 2010 6:59 AM (4 replies)
  • mopsqueezer
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 5:41 AM

Especially around the greens.  What's up?  What am I doing wrong?   Am i suppose to switch to different club?  ......... Pissin' me off.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 2:46 PM

Hi mopsqueezer,

Starter clubs have a low precision rating.  Precision controls your accuracy on every shot.  Imagine it's like a circle that surrounds the flagstick when you aim at it.  The size of that circle is related to the precision rating.  The higher the rating the smaller the circle.  Your ball can land anywhere in the circle on a dinged shot (left or right, long or short).  It will ALWAYS land in the circle on a ding shot, though sometimes it may land in the center of the circle and sometimes it may land on the very outer edge or anywhere in between.

Forgiveness dictates how far that circle is shifted left or right on mishits.  Starter clubs have a moderately-high forgiveness, so mishits do not shift the circle very much to either side unless you really miss it.

Hope that helps.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 5:43 AM

mops, another answer could be to check your aim.  It has been discussed in other threads how people do not aim properly.  Aim from the reverse view if you do not have a direct line of sight to your target.  Sometimes when you move the aim marker the distance goes from say 70yds to 10yds away.  It looks like the line is correct, but often the view is on an angle to the player, so what you think is accurate is actually aiming many more degrees off then where you think.  Aim in reverse view, move the marker to the actual spot on the ground you want to aim to.  If that doesn't solve the problem, then its the VEM that Niv suggested.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 6:35 AM

My first thought on reading "Especially around the greens" was "the flop shot". If this is the shot you`re using, then you need to aim left of your target area. This shot naturally, and realistically, goes to the right of the direction you`re aiming.

For more info on this just type "flop shot" into the search box at the upper right of the page. GL

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 6:59 AM

mefitz, correct on the flop shot, and its understandable.  In real golf when you hit the flop shot your body is aiming left (for a righty), your club face is open and still aimed at target.  WGT could help many people out and change the avatar setup to open their stance. 

RSS