Help › Forums

Re: Annoying

Fri, Jul 30 2010 9:04 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2010 2:47 PM

CanineSupervisor:
    Now I see why your Avatar is a pit-viper. Constructive criticism is what most posters intend.

Well, thank you for taking my response in the spirit in which it was intended. 

As you can see from my response to Winchman, I am not sarcastic automatically.  Your original post contains 0 (zero) points of constructive criticism.  Shall I repeat your main points here?  Yes, lets:

CanineSupervisor:
    Another problem that makes me furious is the sudden change in WIND direction as you near your target. Obviously, you guys in programming need to fix this problem. I am the owner of a software development company, and if one of my people were to program like this...well he or she would be looking for employment elsewhere.
    Criticism... yes.  Constructive... no.

CanineSupervisor:
    You've made the game very annoying, not to mention the constant stalls from your server!!! I'm playing on a T3 line into a MAC XSAN server onto an iMac. So tell me it's my computer.
    Criticism... yes.  Constructive... no.

CanineSupervisor:
    I also like the way you guys have yourself cloaked so nobody can contact Tech Support...cute...
    Criticism... yes.  Constructive... no.  Sarcasm... yes.

CanineSupervisor:
    You also need to change the Game Conditions. I've never seen a real green that's as hard as a basketball court...with weather conditions and all. get my drift?
    Criticism... yes.  Constructive... no.  Sarcasm... yes.

There we are, sir... you are 0 for 4 so far.

Should you wish to discuss the game rationally there are hundreds of people here who are willing to engage you in conversation.  When you jump on the forums with belligerent and combative messages you will get the same in return.

I hope this clears it up for you.

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2010 4:36 PM

Snaike mate, I Love You like a Son, But you really Scare me.

Please don't shout at me. Ta Lucky

• Winchman
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 8:08 AM

Whoa!!  Didn't realise I'd stir up such a hornets nest with this one.

Thanks to all those who have posted on this one.  It was more just a bit of frustration at seeing what should have been a very nice shot turn into a really bad one when I personally hadn't done anything wrong and I was simply getting unlucky.

Granted I probably have benfitted from mishit shots that have sorted out my errant aim.  I just wonder if making it harder to hit an excellent shot in some way (I have no idea how so I'm not much use in that regard) but then having the shot do exactly what the player has set it up to do (i.e. the line they've selected, the power they wanted, the spin etc.) might be more appealing.

There's something a little dispiriting about knowing that, even if I manage to get a rare one right on the middle that a random piece of code could deny me.  It's also not as satisfying seeing a shot go well when you know you haven't hit it the way you wanted in the first place.

Anyway - I don't want to appear a moaner so I'll end it there.

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 9:04 AM

winchman, you have to understand that there are some players who will not stand for any other player to criticize WGT.

it's just not in their ability to allow it.

i have been critical of WGT on numerous occasions and have been jumped on each time, always by the same players.

• PAGES
RSS