Forums

Help › Forums

Re: So again I ask, "Any Pro's Qualified for the Championship?"

Fri, Jul 23 2010 2:56 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • rockinroland
    214 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 8:00 PM

I think the point is pro's dont stand a chance because they are limited to what wgt will let them buy. I cant imagine going into a real pro shop and not being able to buy any club I want. even if I have never before  played a game. I can buy any or all of tiger woods's clubs and no one will ask me for a any proof that I am a master. and that is why anyone (in real golf) can enter an open and use what ever clubs they like (legal of course) and if they are good enough they can win.I really think wgt has these tournaments for their special people. for the rest its just hittin rocks

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 9:31 PM

Maybe WGT could sell any equipment to any tier, now that they have restrictions on tournaments regarding the tier of clubs used. Hacks could enter any tournament, amateurs could enter pro and master tournaments, and pros could enter master tourneys. Just not the other way around :).

It wasn`t pretty before, when they had no restrictions on the clubs/tournaments issue.

On second thought, that would only open the door wider for sandbaggers, unfortunately! 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 1:33 PM

mefitz:
    On second thought, that would only open the door wider for sandbaggers, unfortunately! 

agreed... Hacks w/ Master gear would never move back to Amat. tees... 

THAT's the point of gear restrictions.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2010 1:53 PM

Rockin, your suggestion would only work if there were no more pro, amateur tournaments, hell no tiers.  These tournaments are for the best of the best, and I dont think anyone can argue that Bullox was not deserving of the USGA.  The guy is a beast in this game.  However, I think an option would be let anyone buy any tier clubs, but can only use them in the major championships from the tourney tees, nothing more.  You want master tier clubs under any other circumstance do like the rest of us do, get your game to master tier.

• rockinroland
    214 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2010 2:56 AM

Neil I  didn't make any suggestions I just pointed out that real golf does not restrict a player to any one kind of culb or ball for that matter  I think you got me mixed up wth the post follwing mine. I agree they are for the best of the best and thats why 90% of people playing them are just hitting rocks, masters to hacks btw I am a master with over 1k ranked rounds and have not been below 66.99 since becoming a master. mainly due to the meter and  the fact I putt out on 99.50% of my games and fyi I dont play for the money I am no dummy beta software is easy to cheat and  wgt is well  aware of this and a meter that studders,skips or stalls is a counter  to cheat programs 

• PAGES
RSS