Forums

Help › Forums

So again I ask, "Any Pro's Qualified for the Championship?"

Fri, Jul 23 2010 2:56 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CTSVdriver
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 10:20 AM

This tournament was crazy difficult, and rightly so.  I enjoyed the hell out of it.  However, why didn't the Masters play the blues, Pro's the whites.  Fair enough?  Or have separate tournaments for each... Point is, unless you can buy Master clubs, you just don't have a chance to compete.  Makes it a little frustrating. 

(I don't profess to spend as much time as most of you, but totally excluding all but Master level is disappointing.)

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 11:16 AM

IMO, major tournament, with major prize, welcome to the big leagues.   

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 11:30 AM

Any legit pro would have no chance anyway if they offered good prizes.  It would be a competition the see who the best sandbagger / multiaccounter is.

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 9:29 AM

b0geybuster:

correct, gotta put on your big-boy pants for this one.  how close are you to master anyway?

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 9:33 AM

The Championships are all about the best of the best.

Not the best of the mediocre.

• CTSVdriver
    5 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 11:44 AM

pillsy:

b0geybuster:

correct, gotta put on your big-boy pants for this one.  how close are you to master anyway?

The big boy pants don't yet fit, I guess...No idea how close to Master

Was at 66 avg for a while but nothing.  How can I tell?

• CTSVdriver
    5 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 11:48 AM

So, tell me then, why open it to everyone?  It should just be for you big shots.  I'm just sayin'... I'm fine w/that.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 11:56 AM

BolloxInBruges:

Any legit pro would have no chance anyway if they offered good prizes.  It would be a competition the see who the best sandbagger / multiaccounter is.

Nice avatar!   :-)

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:30 PM

CTSVdriver:

So, tell me then, why open it to everyone?  It should just be for you big shots.  I'm just sayin'... I'm fine w/that.

To torture the entire community with the ludicrously fast green speeds and tee boxes in the parking lot?   :)

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:39 PM

Hi CTSVdriver,

You might as well ask the USGA that question. The US OPEN, in real life, is Open to anybody...who Qualifies!

From your avatar I assume you play irl. If your handicap is low enough, You could enter the qualifier rounds and maybe play in the Open. Anybody can, hence the "OPEN".

Would you work on your game to get your handicap low enough, qualify, and win the open? I know My game isn`t there :D, But I do have the opportunity to try, again...hence the "OPEN".

Meanwhile, I`m glad that we have an 'OPEN" here, even though I can`t win it (or can I ;p, next year!).

I joined WGT last year during the qualifiers for the Open and didn`t stand a chance to qualify. I still tried and enjoyed the experience. I worked on my game all year and qualified this time, but didn`t come close to winning. Who knows what`ll happen next year?

One thing I will say in answer to your question is, another question. What would be the reaction if "The Open" was Exclusive? Kinda ruins the title of the tournament ;).

I`ll just keep practicing and watching "Tin Cup" for inspiration :^). Cheers

• PAGES
RSS