Forums

Help › Forums

Re: vapor balls

Wed, Jul 14 2010 11:31 PM (28 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 1:21 PM

I just was thinking could WGT have any problems with Nike over the name of this ball? Actually when I first saw the news and it said the new vapor ball I first thought of the Nike one Vapor. And thought they now have Nike balls?But no it's just WGT's name for it's new trail ball.  And companies have been known to bring suit over some of the most  frivolous things. But a copywrited name is not really frivolous is it?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 1:28 PM

Silly me.  I went and bought some Nike One Vapors and took them to the golf course this morning thinking they'd leave trails in the air...

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 1:59 PM

thanks DMM I needed a good laugh.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 4:07 PM

WGTniv:

Hi Chazzz,

Point taken, but if this were entirely realistic we'd probably be swinging plastic clubs in our living rooms to simulate hitting the ball.  Alas, it is just a game.  We try to make it as realistic as possible, but we'd like to think that most users will allow a small window for things that are "fun" too. ;-)

Well put. I couldn't agree more. WGT is basically a deep seeded fantasy land. A place to "try" to have fun... there is nothing wrong with spicing it up a bit as long as the game play remains somewhat realistic. Cheers.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 4:10 PM

borntobesting:

But a copywrited name is not really frivolous is it?

It's "copyrighted". Righted as in Rights.. not something written.

Just saying.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 4:12 PM

So the consensus among this group of people who live their entire social life on WGT is that vapor balls are "uncool".

Is this the point we're getting at here?

I hope you guys graduate from sixth grade soon.. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 12:19 AM

smason77:
    WGT is basically a deep seeded fantasy land.
    Well since we're correcting everyone here, smason... perhaps you had better look at your own deep-seated faults and foibles.

Glass houses and stones, mate....  Just sayin'.

Oh, and I think the vapor balls are cool.  Not that I'm going to buy any, but they are fun to watch nonetheless.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 5:32 PM

Snaike:

smason77:
    WGT is basically a deep seeded fantasy land.
    Well since we're correcting everyone here, smason... perhaps you had better look at your own deep-seated faults and foibles.

Glass houses and stones, mate....  Just sayin'.

Oh, and I think the vapor balls are cool.  Not that I'm going to buy any, but they are fun to watch nonetheless.

Sorry Snaike it's a psychological term that refers to the subconscious mind. I know the difference in the common expression. I happen to work in this little field called psychophysiology.. and when we say deep-seeded we are referring to a part of the mind in which there is no voluntary cognition or any form of self awareness.

Thanks for trying to correct what you don't understand though.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 11:31 PM

smason77:
    Thanks for trying to correct what you don't understand though.
    LOL... nice try.   You failed, but nice recovery try anyway.

Next?

RSS