Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wind Meter

Fri, Jun 25 2010 11:26 PM (3 replies)
  • zakibsen
    16 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 6:59 PM

Is the wind meter relative to the screen or the player?

So, if the player is over to the left of the screen and the meter show North South, is that a slight cross wind for the player or is it 'true' wherever the little man is?

Thanks

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 8:05 PM

This is just me ,  opinions may differ as they often do here in forums...lots of ways to skin a cat as it were , but , I like to zoom and relate wind direction to my aim/trajectory arc. One big reason for this is take # 4 St.Andrew's for example. In the fairway , in  or past the "gap" , what may appear to be a slight right to left cross wind is in fact a tailwind as the angle of that shot is slightly tilted in itself. Hope that made sense.   GL.                                                                                                                                                                                     "Ace"

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 11:41 PM

I personally think it is related to the view and not to the straight line between the ball and the flag. At first, I thought that it was related to the Skyview at the bottom right (like in those cartoonish ones), but if you change camera (which is the view and the little man is not always there), the wind arrow will change accordingly.

But I maybe mistaken, hope not!

Rob

• wayfader
    50 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 11:26 PM

engage your icon, draw a straight line in your mind up n down center of screen. wind arrow relative to imaginary  line in center of monitor. work in the blue arc to that and compensate as such.

zakibsen:

So, if the player is over to the left of the screen and the meter show North South, is that a slight cross wind for the player or is it 'true' wherever the little man is?

Thanks

zakibsen:

Thanks

RSS