Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Anyone wanna gift me clubs?

Wed, Jul 14 2010 2:59 PM (28 replies)
  • TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 1:09 PM

While I would generally agree with you priest, I can't here.  If he is a kid, he shouldn't be on the site.  He can play golf on WGT for free, no fees for clubs or balls and enjoy it all the same.  He is begging for extras that you don't need to enjoy the game.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 1:18 PM

Hey!  I'll gift you some clubs.  I've got some old MacGregor Tourney's out in the garage.  Want 'em?

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 1:20 PM

Hey double some of those old MacGregor Tourneys are worth big bucks, you might want to check in a Vintage club guide before giving them out.  I have a set from the early 50's that I am going to get restored.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 1:26 PM

Hey tarheels... I used 'em for college golf, golf while I was living in Florida and Hawaii... and stuck the 2 iron in my bag when I played Pebble Beach.  Grooves are pretty worn.  And my only hole-in-one is with the 5-iron.  Gonna keep them for memories.  Even let my 11 year old son touch them once.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 4:04 PM

SweetiePie:

AngryBlue:
    I'm poor, and I hate hitting the ball 220 yards ...

Things don't change with fortune. I'm not poor but hate hitting the ball 220 yards, in real life, also. Always in the fairway, which is the key. Just roll with it bro. You could have it worse. Being at work 12 hours a day without the time to play and type here.

Lily I am at work at least 12 hours every day except an occasion Saturday or Sunday and I still find time or more precisely make the time to play and post here. It's not easy but who said life is supposed to be easy?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 4:10 PM

But Lily... you're only 4' 11", though with muscle, I'm sure.  Even Chi Chi Rodriguez had trouble getting a wide arc...

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 4:13 PM

I saw an old set of Tourney's at a garage sale today for $50 although old they still looked great. And I have 1 Tourney 7 iron Byron Nelson signature series. I am trying to build sort of a tribute to some of the all time greats with signature clubs, So far I have the Nelson 7 iron and a Snead 5 iron. What I really want if it can be found is a Gary Player Shakespeare fiberglass shaft club from the mid 60's. Arnold Palmer clubs are fairly easy to find. And I found a couple of Walter Hagen clubs but they weren't in too good of condition but... maybe any condition will do for my purpose.

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 2:48 PM

Had a friend in high school who played those old Gary Player fiberglass shafts back in the late 60's.  If you check on EBAY you can probably complete your set for about $15 a club.  I'll keep a look out and if I see any I'll let you know and send them your way.  It would be cool to have 14 clubs from sets named after some of the greats of the game.  I have a wedge that Hogan used in his later life, just the head but still you can look at the face and see that all shots were hit in an area about the size of a quarter.

• craigswan
    30,985 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 2:59 PM

I USE STARTER CLUBS AND IN ONE WEEK I HAVE COME FROM SCORING 150 TO 80 .JUST PRACTICE .

I USED TO SCORE 60 ON SEGA MEGA DRIVE SO LOOK OUT .

RSS