Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hi. I'm really new...

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 15 2010 11:29 PM (2 replies)
  • Poseidon28
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 10:46 PM

Hi. I'm really new and I've only played 4 9-Hole Stroke Plays ranging from 8 over to 3 Over. Is that really good enough for Amateur because I've seen a hack get 5 under. What's going on???

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 11:28 PM

Hi Poseidon,

Your tiering is based on your scoring average.  We take your best 10 out of your last 14 scores and apply a weighting to the most recent scores.  Most players will turn Amateur just a bit over 100 as you have.  The Pro Tier advancement comes once your average gets down to 76-78 or so and the Master Tier is around 65-66.

It's possible that a hack player could shoot -5 for one round and it wouldn't have a huge impact on their overall average, especially in the beginning when they don't have a full 10 scores to average yet.  Once a player shoots -5 and gets 10 rounds under their belt they'll receive a promotion pretty fast.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 11:29 PM

Poseidon28:

Hi. I'm really new and I've only played 4 9-Hole Stroke Plays ranging from 8 over to 3 Over. Is that really good enough for Amateur because I've seen a hack get 5 under. What's going on???

3+ is really good for an Amateur, you keep shooting high 70 scores and you'll be promoted in no time.

There are some members here [typically not active on the forums] who sandbag, which means they keep their averages high by posting bad rounds so they can stay at their current tier (whether Hack, Amateur, or Pro) and dominate regular members in the tournaments.

Best advice I can give you is to play your game, don't quit, and post every round. If you do this you'll level up naturally. Never get too excited to reach the next tier, if you're not ready... you're not ready.

RSS