Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Getting a read on greens

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 15 2010 11:30 PM (3 replies)
  • Shermanator91
    35 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 8:43 PM

Hi all, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot, but this is something that I've been thinking of for a while, and thought I would share.

Now I don't know if this is already a feature, and if it is, if someone could tell me how to use it then that would be fantastic, and sorry for wasting time, BUT...

I was wondering if it would be possible to get a read on green BEFORE you reach the green - i.e. for any approach shot. I think this would help tremendously, especially on the lightning-fast green of Oakmont CC. What that would entail is exactly what it sounds like: seeing the break on the green before you are near the green, or on the "full" shot setting. I played my first full 18 on Oakmont CC (with the 'Tournament' green speeds) and I felt as though my approaches could have been a lot better if I had known the break of the green.

Again, if this is already a feature, MY BAD. But thanks anyway. I enjoy playing WGT and hope to be a master someday!!

Thanks!

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 8:50 PM

Shermanator, you can switch to a Chip, Pitch, Flop, or Putt shot to get a read on the green if you're out a good distance.

Good luck.

• Shermanator91
    35 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 8:54 PM

Great, thank you! Best of luck to you too.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 11:30 PM

No problem!

TheLighterDark:

...or Putt shot ...

Lmao, just realized how dumb this sounded.

RSS