Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Better Wedges

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 1 2010 6:58 AM (3 replies)
  • Vic88
    2 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 7:58 AM

I'm curious which wedges players are enjoying more before i make my purchases-I'm pro tier player thinking of carrying 4 wedges in my bag-which are better for a pro-TAYLOR MADE or PING?....Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 12:43 PM

Types of better wedges is subjective to the owner.  It's the whole "chocolate and vanilla" question.

Take a look at the profiles of the people whose game you admire and see what they play... then take a day and rent them to see if they're right for you.

Good luck.

• Vic88
    2 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 12:51 PM

Thanks alot for the feedback.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 6:58 AM

Keep in mind, all the better PING/TAYLOR wedges are fast meter, but more accurate with much more spin.  You can take a look at my bag to see my wedges, I like them for the most part, but keep in mind especially if you are going to 4 wedges, what are the yardages, and more importantly what are the gaps you want.  I chose mine and from the highest loft to start go 60yds, then 85yds, then 98yds on full swings.  The punch yardages are the following, 49yds, 71yds and 80yds.  So all together I can hit full swing or full punch, 49yds, 60yds, 71yds, 80yds, 85yds and 98yds.  I have the gaps pretty well covered except for the 13yd gap at the end.

I know others really love their wedges, but I really like my gaps (except the last).

RSS